Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
The Office of Commercialisation and Innovation
The Office of Commercialisation & Innovation, with the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) Portfolio, plays a major role in the identification and protection of the University's intellectual property assets and is responsible for developing and implementing the University's commercialisation strategies and initiatives.
The Office of Commercialisation and Innovation is currently seeking a suitably qualified Administration Officer. Reporting to the Administration Manager you will:
- Contribute to the development of the annual budget and coordinate all financial administration (payable and receivable) and associated reporting for the office
- Assist with post agreement management and compliance of Technology Transfer Licences including monitoring, distributing and reconciling royalty payments to inventors and the University
- Contribute to the research, monitoring, analysis and reporting on relevant data including specific technologies, industries, competitors and/or companies to inform strategic decision making
- Provide general administration, and coordination support for the office of Commercialisation and Innovation's operations including drafting website material
Qualifications and Skills
To be successful in this position you will demonstrate:
- Tertiary qualifications in business administration or a relevant discipline and/or equivalent experience
- Understanding of administrative systems, services and support, specifically in contract administration (preferably within a research or the higher education environment)
- Working knowledge of Project Management principles and practices
To be considered for this position, please apply online with a CV and attach a separate 1 - 2 page cover letter, referencing the selection criteria below:
- Extensive experience providing administration support in a complex environment
- Sound working knowledge of accounting and finance principles and practices
- Excellent track record of providing exceptional customer service to internal and external clients and stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intellectual Property experience will be considered highly desirable
- Proven experience in contracts and post agreement management and compliance will also be highly desirable
Due to the nature of this position, the successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal history check.
For further information regarding this role please view the position description.
Salary Package: from $77,894 - $85,982 p.a. (Level 6), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
Appointment Type: Continuing, Full Time
Specific Role Enquiries: Bel Coppock, Administration Manager on email@example.com or +61 2 9850 4598
General Recruitment Enquiries: Katherine Rodionoff, HR Consultant on Katherine.firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 2 9850 8517
Applications Close: 2 April 2017 at 11.55 pm
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.