Research Technician Associate - Neurobiology
Dr. Yuki Oka has an exciting opportunity with his laboratory at Caltech.
The Oka group’s research is focused on understanding neural mechanisms that control homeostasis in the human body, such as internal fluid balance. To achieve this goal, the lab uses mice as a model system. We analyze animal behavior when specific parts of the brain are stimulated using optogenetic techniques.
- Accurately recording neural activity using electrophysiology in brain slices.
- In charge of care and handling of mice.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Neurobiology or equivalent.
- At least one year of experience with patch-clamp recording in the rodent brain.
- Highly motivated, willing to take on independent project after progressing in the lab.
- Solid background of electrophysiological studies.
- Strong electrophysiological background in rodents.
Supervisory position? No
Posting Detail Information
Posting Open Date 03/16/2017
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.