Eligibility and closing date
- You are a national of a CERN Member or Associate State. However, a limited number of positions are also available to candidates from Non-Member States with a Senior profile. Non-Member State candidates seeking a postdoc in Theoretical Physics should apply here. For nationals from Japan, please see our web page on the CERN-Japan Programme.
- If you are applying in experimental or theoretical physics, you have a PhD (or are about to finish your thesis).
- If you are applying in applied science, computing or engineering, you hold a university degree (BSc level or above) or a technical engineer qualification (or are about to graduate).
- Candidates with an MSc or higher diploma should have no more than 10 years relevant experience (after the MSc).
- Candidates with only a BSc or technical engineer diploma should have no more than 4 years relevant experience after the diploma.
- Candidates who are currently preparing a diploma are eligible to apply. However, they are expected to have obtained their qualification by the time they take up their appointment at CERN.