Interim Finance Manager
Interim Finance Manager (Fixed Term Contract 12 months)
Who We Are
The Architectural Association was founded in 1847, opening as a day school in 1901. The AA is governed by its members and is committed to public benefit attained by the learning, teaching, discussion and promotion of architecture.
With circa 800 students and 250 academic and administrative staff the AA School is central to the AA. The school is recognised as a worldwide leader in architectural education, with graduates that include many of the world’s leading architects, scholars, critics and educators.
The Interim Finance Manager reports the Interim Director of Finance & Resources is responsible for the day to day management of the accounts team of 6. Working closely with the Interim Director of Finance & Resources, the post holder will be expected to assist in providing a financial and management accounting service to the Architectural Association (Inc), Architectural Association Publications Limited and Architectural Association Foundation. This will include reviewing and assisting in the development of financial procedures and processes.
Working closely with the Director of Finance & Resources;
- To continue the development of internal financial controls and ensuring compliance with statutory regulations.
- Assist in providing a full Financial and Management Accounting service to the AA including preparation of annual statutory accounts, management information and budget reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide financial support and advice to budget managers.
- Assist in the preparation of short and long term financial plans, to meet the strategic objectives of the AA.
- To be responsible for the management of the staff in the finance department, assisting in their development and training, in order to meet the needs of the organisation.
- Assist in the development and implementation of financial management systems and processes to enhance the quality and range of financial information.
- Oversee payroll and pensions administration, ensuring payments are made in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist in the day to day management of the Insurance of the School
- Provide regular financial reports to stake holder of any capital development projects
- Maintain and develop good working relationships with colleagues within the AA and external stakeholders, including our auditors.
- To undertake any duties and responsibilities as directed by the Interim Director of Finance & Resources.
Essential Experience and skills
- Candidates must be ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualified
- Have a minimum of 1 year supervisory experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- IT Literate – intermediate/advanced Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook and administrator of at least of one accounts system.
- 2 years experience of working in or auditing an educational or charitable organisation.
Desirable Experience and skills
- Experience of Partial VAT Returns
- Management of Insurance
- Experience of Fundraising Financial transactions
- Experience of payroll and administration of auto enrolment pension schemes
What We Offer
Full-time salary of £45,000 pa with generous holiday benefits, and a defined –contribution pension scheme.
How to Apply
Please send a statement of interest, together with your C.V. via email to: -firstname.lastname@example.org by, midnight Friday 26th March 2017. Please ensure that you state the title of the job you are applying for as the subject heading. Please note that if you are successful, interviews will be held on 29th March 2017 so please be prepared to attend interview at very short notice.
*You must be eligible to work in the UK
Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.
The Architectural Association School of Architecture aims to create conditions that ensure staff and students are treated solely on the basis of their merits, abilities and potential, regardless of their gender, race, religious/political beliefs, ethnic or national origin, disability, family background, age, sexual