Advancement Communications and Events Assistant
- Join Australia's number 1 University†
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
Salary: $61,552 - $65,326 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The Advancement Office aims to facilitate the establishment and maintenance of mutually beneficial relationships between the University and its alumni, friends and benefactors. It is responsible for the management of programs relating to alumni and benefactors, and provides services to and works collaboratively with faculties and other central administration areas.
University of Melbourne Advancement (UoMA) is responsible for the coordination and delivery of Believe: the Campaign for the University of Melbourne, www.campaign.unimelb.edu.au
The completion of the first phase goal of raising $500M for the Believe Campaign was publicly announced in March 2016 along with the intention to proceed with a second phase of the Campaign with revised goals of raising $1B and actively engaging with 100,000 alumni by the end of 2021. The Campaign is the largest initiative of its kind in the Asia-Pacific region.
The Advancement Communications and Events Assistant, MDHS is a member of the Advancement team within the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences.
About the role
Reporting to the Senior Advancement Communications Officer, the Advancement Communications and Events Assistant is responsible for the coordination and production of marketing and communications materials and supporting Advancement event activities of MDHS.
The Advancement Communications and Events Assistant will provide support that includes assistance with the organisation and promotion of internal and external communications (for example, alumni and donor communications, publications, websites and other communication tools) and public relations/community relations activities in support of the unit's Advancement strategies. In this role you will also provide support for the organisation and promotion of events and act as the contact point for event enquires and registrations.
The role requires an ability to work with and develop strong and cooperative relationships with a broad range of internal stakeholders both within the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences and its Graduate Schools, with units across the University and with colleagues from the Faculty's extensive partner network of hospital and research organisations. You will work closely with the MDHS Marketing and Communications team to ensure all Advancement communications are coordinated and consistent with the broader Faculty branding and themes.
This exciting full-time position is available on a continuing basis.
- A relevant tertiary or diploma level qualification or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in writing effectively for print and web applications.
- Experience in working to support events.
- A systematic approach to tasks with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Capacity to develop and implement targeted communications material for a broad range of purposes.
- A willingness to research and develop stories that promote achievements of alumni, students and staff across the faculty.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Please submit a cover letter, CV and document addressing the key selection criteria listed in the position description.
Close date: 26 Mar 2017
Position Description and Selection Criteria*
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
More jobs like this
- £30,001 - £40,000 Temporary Business & Management Fundraising, Development & Alumni jobs in Parkville
- £30,001 - £40,000 Temporary Communication & Media Studies Fundraising, Development & Alumni jobs in Parkville
- £30,001 - £40,000 Temporary Social Sciences Fundraising, Development & Alumni jobs in Parkville
- £30,001 - £40,000 Temporary Business & Economics Fundraising, Development & Alumni jobs in Parkville