Academic Services Officer or Assistant
- Provide exceptional service to key academics
- Up to 16 positions, full-time and fractional appointments available
- 11 permanent positions, 4 fixed-term positions until June or August 2017
- Level 4 or 5
- Opportunities available across all four Faculties
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to 'innovate and inspire' there is no better time to join Western Australia's top University.
The Academic Services team is responsible for providing academic administration and support services to a wide range of clients including Heads of School, academic staff and research students across the Faculty. The team is committed to providing a quality outcome with a focus on continuous improvement.
Several exiting opportunities exist to join the Academic Services team at UWA. The team is responsible for providing academic administration and support services to a wide range of clients including Heads of School, academic staff and research students across the Faculty. There are positions available in the Faculty of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences, the Faculty of Arts, Business, Law and Education, the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences and the Faculty of Science.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate: (selection criteria dot points)
- Year 12 or equivalent competency
- Considerable relevant administrative experience at an appropriate level
- Proficiency in a range of computing skills including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet and email
- Well developed organisational skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to providing a high level of quality customer service
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description and applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria.
Closing date: Tuesday 28th March
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.