Research Fellow (Biostatistician)
Functional Unit:Institute for Health and Ageing
Work Type:Fixed term full time
- Contribute to the research output of the Institute
- Utilise your ability to develop biostatistical methodology
- Full-time, fixed term for 5 years, based in Melbourne Australia
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community that welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across seven campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney and Strathfield.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Institute for Health and Ageing (IHA) is the seventh research institute established as part of ACU's program of research intensification.
IHA aims to enhance the lives of older people and those who support them by approaching issues of ageing through a positive, multidisciplinary lens across a range of settings including community, residential and acute care.
As Research Fellow/ Senior Research Fellow (Biostatistician) you will:
- initiate and conduct research under limited supervision either as a member of the team, or independently
- conduct research and engage in scholarly publication, personally and as part of the musculoskeletal health research team
- contribute to raising the profile and research reputation of the Institute
- undertake supervision of postgraduate research students.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate:
- relevant doctoral qualification in Biostatistics/Statistics and/or Epidemiology; or, substantial progress towards a doctorate; or, evidence of a research component as part of a higher degree
- extensive experience with statistical analysis packages such as SAS, GenStat, STATA and SPSS
- strong record of co-authored publications in one or more of the biological, health and social sciences
- experience with programming environments, such as R or MATLAB, for statistical computing and graphics.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description PD Research Fellow - Biostatistician.pdf. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description.
To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $110,847 - $130,747 pa, including salary component $93,667 - $110,590 pa (for Research Fellow, Academic Classification Level B), OR $138,669 - $150,553 total remuneration pa, including salary component $117,361 - $127,518 pa (for Senior Research Fellow, Academic Classification Level C), plus employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Karen.Lim@acu.edu.au for the attention of Professor Kerrie Sanders.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Monday 17 April 2017
Advertised: 16 Mar 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 17 Apr 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time