Principal Research Fellow
Functional Unit:Institute for Health and Ageing
Work Type:Fixed term full time
- Play an important role in developing and advancing the research profile of the Institute
- Utilise your ability to build effective research partnerships
- Full-time, fixed term for 5 years, based in Melbourne Australia
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community that welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across seven campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney and Strathfield.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Institute for Health and Ageing (IHA) is the seventh research institute established as part of ACU's program of research intensification. IHA aims to enhance the lives of older people and those who support them by approaching issues of ageing through a positive, multidisciplinary lens across a range of settings including community, residential and acute care.
As Principal Research Fellow you will:
- develop a robust program of research and establish strategic and productive research collaborations nationally and internationally
- work collaboratively with colleagues and partners to identify, develop, implement and evaluate novel responses to questions of musculoskeletal ageing
- supervise and co-supervise higher degree by research (HDR) students to successful completion
- attract competitive grants and other streams of external funding to underpin the research program.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate:
- completion of a PhD in a relevant discipline
- completion of a medical degree, ideally with a specialty qualification in a field relevant to musculoskeletal health
- experience in working independently to develop, implement and evaluate successful programs of research
- a track record of high quality research, including publications and grants.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description PD Principal Research Fellow.pdf. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description.
To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to AU$157,159– $172,998 pa, including salary component AU$133,164 – $146,702 pa (Academic Classification Level D), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Karen.Lim@acu.edu.au for the attention of Professor Kerrie Sanders.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Monday 17 April 2017
Advertised: 16 Mar 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 17 Apr 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time