Senior Lecturer in Psychology
Functional Unit:School of Psychology VIC
Work Type:Continuing full time
- Teaching and research focus
- Supervise 4th year and post-graduate students
- Full time, continuing appointment based in Melbourne
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across seven campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney and Strathfield.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
Operating within the Faculty of Health Sciences, the School of Psychology aims for excellence in teaching and research. The School has over 30 academic staff nationally at Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne campuses. In the recent 2015 Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) assessment, ACU received the top score of five in Human Movement and Sports Science (1106), Nursing (1110), Public Health and Health Services (1117) and Psychology (1701).
As Senior Lecturer in Psychology you will be expected to contribute to teaching and curriculum development in both the postgraduate psychology courses as well as conducting research in psychology in an area of relevance to the School. More specifically you will:
- coordinate the Master of Professional Psychology Program ("5+1") on the Melbourne campus
- prepare and deliver lectures, seminars and tutorials across a range of postgraduate psychology units
- provide clinical supervision for postgraduate students
- contribute to the School, Faculty and University through professional service and community engagement.
You will need to demonstrate:
- possession of a PhD in Psychology
- evidence of quality student-centred tertiary teaching in psychology (undergraduate and postgraduate)
- a research profile in psychology as evidenced by a track record of high quality peer-reviewed publications and competitive grant income
- evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description (PD Senior Lecturer in Psychology 2017.pdf). Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $138,669 - $150,553 pa, including salary component $117,361 - $127,518 pa (Academic Classification Level C), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Dr David Hamilton, Deputy Head, School of Psychology on (03) 9953 3118.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Applications Close: Wednesday, 29 March 2017
Advertised: 15 Mar 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 29 Mar 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time