Research Performance Information Officer
- Co-ordinate high-quality research data and information across the Univerity
- Full time, continuing role based at our Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- $73,573 to $79,638 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is among the top 100 universities in the world under the age of 50 (Times Higher Education Rankings 2016), one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change to benefit the communities we serve.
About the role
This is your opportunity to be part of an established and high-performing successful team. The Research Performance Information Officer works closely with performance and systems analysts in the Research Performance team to co-ordinate the collection of high-quality research data and information across the University to support performance analysis, business intelligence and internal and external reporting. The role continuously reviews and improves the quality of existing data and identifies, implements, and advises on business process changes to streamline collection and ensure the ongoing improvement of data quality. The Performance Officer gathers information from a range of enterprise systems, business processes, and liaison with academic and professional staff. The role is responsible for creating training materials and information relating to research information and its collection and for the Research Performance team. The role is dynamic and supports the Research Performance team and the Research Office on projects and other activities from time to time. You will undertake the following, but not limited to:
- Co-ordinates the collection of research information, including integrating data from a range of business areas and systems, and communicates with professional and academic staff.
- Undertakes ongoing data quality assurance, including analysis and testing, and advises on data governance and quality improvement, including the identification of business process and policy changes to improve data quality.
- Analyses and reports on data, including the preparation of defined metrics and reports.
- Generates original ideas and innovative solutions through the provision of specialist knowledge and advice.
- Develops training materials and other documents relating to the collection and management of research data and systems, and may deliver training
Skills & Experience
To be considered for this role you will have completed an Degree with subsequent relevant experience, or extensive relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant training and experience. Demonstrated and proven ability to gather and integrate information and data from a range of business areas and enterprise systems to meet business requirements, including the development of innovative solutions; strong data manipulation and analysis skills including ability identify, analyse, test and correct data quality issues. You will also have achieved in setting priorities and monitoring workflows with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills including high-level written skills and ability to liaise with professional and academic staff at all levels.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: 2 April 2017
Position Enquiries: Alistair Duncan, Senior Manager Research Performance, Research Quality Analysis +61 3 9479 2756 / email@example.com
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please address Key Selection Criteria from the attached position description and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Kerryn Harbert, Recruitment Advisor +61 3 9479 1623.
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job no. (552301) under current vacancies.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the SAGE Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.