Program Convenor in Information Systems /Information & Communications Technology
Part time (20 hours per week), 6 months
Navitas is a diversified global education provider that offers an extensive range of educational services for students and professionals including university programs, English language training and settlement services, creative media education, workforce education and student recruitment.
Introduction to the role
The Program Convenor is responsible for providing academic leadership and oversight of WSU-SCC programs in the disciplines of Information Systems and Information and Communications Technology, as well as the SIBT Diploma of Information Technology. This includes planning for each session, assisting to efficiently and effectively manage the delivery of teaching and learning in relevant degrees, managing casual teaching staff and engaging with Western Sydney University academic staff on quality assurance and benchmarking.
It also includes provision of student academic advice and staff management, as well as teaching (the latter likely to occur outside the 20 hours per week at a casual academic rate).
Essential Skills and Experience
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and experience in teaching at tertiary level in a relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in contributing to the development of scholarly and innovative approaches to teaching and learning.
- Demonstrated experience in unit and staff supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to engage students in learning activities.
- Proven effective high level communication, interpersonal, computer and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated evidence of leadership in teaching
What we offer
The Navitas Group offers outstanding long-term career opportunities within Australia and abroad, and is values driven and an equal opportunity employer.
Please forward an up-to-date copy of your Curriculum Vitae with a covering letter indicating the areas and/or subject unit/s you are interested in teaching, to Alphia Possamai-Inesedy, Director WSU Sydney City Campus, Alphia.Possamai@westernsydney.edu.au
Applications close COB Friday March 24, 2017.
Successful applicants require working rights in Australia, and will be subject to relevant preemployment checks, which may include a National Police Check and/or a Working with Children Check.