Postdoctoral Researcher in Mechanical Engineering
- Prestigious international university
- Wide range of employee benefits
- Undertake modelling & experimental testing of vent silencers & a range of proposed noise reduction treatments
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. It is a centre for learning, teaching and research in a vast range of engineering disciplines, computer science and high level mathematics. Academic staff are world leaders in their fields of consulting, advanced fundamental and applied research. Graduates are highly regarded by employers. The faculty offers an intellectually exciting and innovative environment in which to work, within seven Schools, including:
The School of Mechanical Engineering is focused upon knowledge generation and technological development. The School delivers programs in mechanical, aerospace, mechatronic, sports, and sustainable energy engineering. The School offers a vibrant research culture and an environment conducive to innovation.
The Post-Doctoral Researcher will work on an Energy Pipelines Cooperative Research Centre (EPCRC) funded project on gas pipeline vent design and operation, involving the assessment and analysis of methods to reduce blow-down noise levels during natural gas pipeline venting operations.
The successful candidate will undertake modelling and experimental testing of vent silencers and a range of proposed noise reduction treatments.
Salary: Level A-6 to Level B-1 (depending on qualifications and experience) $83,303 to $94,135 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 9.5% applies.
Term of position: This fixed-term contract is available immediately for 12 Months.
To be successful you should have:
- experience with experimental acoustic and flow measurements
- experience in acoustic modelling relevant to the quantification of the effectiveness of noise reduction treatments and the acoustic propagation of aeroacoustic noise sources
- experience with the modelling, design and testing of noise reduction measures including mufflers
- ability to manage research projects and work independently
- a strong research track record relative to opportunity with publication in high quality journals and refereed conferences in relevant fields with a respectable citation record.
Please address and upload your responses to the selection criteria within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Anthony Zander, Head of School, telephone: +61 8 8313 5461 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To obtain a copy of the Selection Criteria, please visit the University of Adelaide Job opportunities page via this link: http://careers.adelaide.edu.au/cw/en/listing/
Please note if the selection criteria link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: 9 April 2017
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.