Student and Academic Services Coordinator
Sydney CBD, full time, ongoing
Navitas is a diversified global education provider that offers an extensive range of educational services for students and professionals including university programs, English language training and settlement services, creative media education, workforce education and student recruitment.
Sydney Institute of Business and Technology (SIBT) is part of Navitas Limited and offers a wide range of pathway programs to the University. SIBT is currently seeking a Student and Academic Services Coordinator to support both SIBT and Western Sydney University – Sydney City Campus.
Introduction to the role
The Student and Academic Services Coordinator is responsible for providing high quality administrative support to staff and current students. The position will focus on working closely with the Student and Academic Services Manager to plan and coordinate operational and administrative functions.
The primary purpose of the position is overseeing functions and tasks involved in student activities and administrative services.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Education and/or relevant experience equivalent to completion of a degree, or a diploma in conjunction with relevant work experience in an administrative role.
- Well-developed administration skills that include problem solving, analytical skills and a high level of accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret, communicate and assist in the review of policies and to improve procedures and processes.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with clients from the academic and administrative areas.
- Organisational skills with the ability to co-ordinate and prioritise workloads.
- Demonstrated high level computer literacy including Word & Excel and database systems.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in supervising a small team.
- Work experience in higher education sector, preferably in a commercial setting.
What we offer
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate. The Navitas Group offers outstanding long-term career opportunities within Australia and abroad, and is values driven and an equal opportunity employer.
Enquiries and applications, including a cover letter and resume, should be sent to Dheeraj Singh, Student & Academic Services Manager, email: Dheeraj.Singh@navitas.com
Applications close COB March 29, 2017.
Successful applicants require working rights in Australia, and will be subject to relevant pre-employment checks, which may include a National Police Check and/or a Working with Children Check.