Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
UTS has a bold vision to be a world-leading university of technology. We are a dynamic and innovative university in central Sydney, consistently ranked the top young university in Australia. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow.
UTS Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences is recruiting for an Associate Dean, (Engagement and Innovation) to establish and maintain commercial and enterprise opportunities derived from its teaching, research and practice.
This is an opportunity to grow philanthropic culture and stronger relationships with alumni, stakeholders and related networks. You will be responsible for external engagement activities relevant to the faculty’s discipline areas. These will include partnerships and collaborations, at a national and international level.
The role reports to the Dean and has a matrix reporting relationship with the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (International and Advancement) and is responsible for the Partnership Development Manager.
In this role, you will:
- Manage engagement and innovation within the Faculty
- Develop and maintain a collegial faculty culture and environment that supports the Faculty’s objectives in engagement and community activities which utilises the diverse nature of staff, disciplines and activities
- Establish, lead and maintain extensive networks needed to identify new opportunities for strategic partnerships, nationally and internationally
- With the Dean, build innovative teaching, entrepreneurial and research relationships and leverage interdisciplinary opportunities between all Schools
To be successful in applying for this role, you will have:
- A vision and direction for engagement and innovation activities in the Faculty
- Extensive understanding of professional and industry issues and trends relevant to the Faculty
- Evidence of research and/or commercial achievement, particularly in industry funding schemes or similar
- Demonstrated capacity to provide effective academic leadership in the Faculty.
- Demonstrated capacity to identify new opportunities and build collaborative relationships within the Faculty, across UTS and externally
- A PhD in a cognate discipline relevant to the Faculty
You should also be appointable at Professorial level.
Remuneration and Benefits
This appointment will be on a four year fixed term, full-time basis which, on conclusion, offers reversion to a substantive Professor level position on a continuing, full time basis.
An internationally competitive remuneration package will be provided to the successful Associate Dean (Engagement and Innovation) candidate for the duration of the term (in addition to the Professor level remuneration). The current total remuneration package for a Professor level position is approximately AUD210,000 per annum – this comprises salary plus 17% superannuation.
Employee benefits include flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and salary packaging opportunities.
How To Apply
Prior to commencing your application for IRC90896, please review the Position Statement and the relevant selection criteria - these can be found on our website by clicking on the apply link. You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document.
Please note that only those applications submitted via the UTS online recruitment system will be accepted. Current UTS employees should apply through their UTS Employee Self Service function.
As you will be unable to save your application once started, please have all required documents and information available prior to commencing.
Please ensure that the file name for each document submitted includes IRC90896.
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the UTS Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +61 (0) 2 9514 1080.
Please note: We are only accepting on-line applications for this post, however, if you have a disability that makes it difficult for you to provide us with information in this way, please contact the Recruitment Team for assistance.
Closing Date: Monday 3rd April 2017 at 11.59pm AEST.
We are committed to diversity and social inclusion, evidenced by our WGEA Employer of Choice citation, Wingara Indigenous Employment Strategy and the UTS Access and Inclusion Plan. We welcome applications from women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles), Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those who identify as LGBTIQ and applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.