Associate Lecturer in Anatomy
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
In Macquarie's Faculty of Science and Engineering you'll join passionate researchers and educators blazing new trails in the spirit of discovery and exploration. Encouraged to think boldly, and supported by some of Australia's most outstanding facilities, brilliant minds converge in our faculty to create incredible new possibilities: the world's first attempt to synthesize complex life, the creation of Wi-Fi, the discovery of dancing dwarf galaxies, and the development of blue LED light. Inspired by challenge and opportunity, we look forward to welcoming you as we imagine a new future together.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
The Department of Chiropractic is seeking to appoint a dynamic and qualified academic as Associate Lecturer (Level A) with a strong enthusiasm and track record of research and teaching in the area of gross anatomy, histology and embryology. The successful candidate will demonstrate strengths for future potential across the Anatomy research and teaching streams of the Department and also contribute to the administration, outreach and promotion of the Department of Chiropractic.
Successful candidates will:
- Strive for excellence in teaching and deliver Anatomy lectures
- Continually make quality contributions to the research and scholarly activities of the department
- Develop and lead a research program in Anatomy
- Support their research through applying for and attracting funding from diverse funding sources
- Proactively build research collaborations, both internal and external
- Contribute to the full range of departmental activities
To be considered for this position, applicants must respond to the selection criteria below and attach as a separate document in the application process:
- Completion of a PhD (or substantial progress toward a PhD) in Anatomy
- Evidence of strong research activity in Clinical Anatomy relative to opportunity.
- Demonstrated potential to attract external funds
- Demonstrated teaching experience and demonstrated potential for teaching excellence at an undergraduate and/or postgraduate level across one or more disciplines associated with visceral anatomy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to build collaborations within and outside a university department
- A track record of contribution to administration in a University or professional setting.
Salary Package: from $70,374 to 94,760 p.a. (Level A), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
Appointment Type: full-time, continuing
Enquiries: Rosemary Giuriato, Head of Department on firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 2 9850 6992
Applications Close: Sunday 30 April 2017 at 11.55pm
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with disability; women; Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.