Business Development Coordinator
- Leading Department in various industry sponsored multi-disciplinary research projects
- Full-time, Fixed Term Contract until end of 2018, Melbourne (Bundoora) location
- $81,184 - $89,635 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe University
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is among the top 50 universities in the world under the age of 50 (Times Higher Education Rankings 2016), one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change to benefit the communities we serve.
The College of Science, Health and Engineering comprises 9 Schools and 16 Departments across La Trobe's multi-campus operations. The Department of Engineering continues to expand and revitalise its programs with innovative curriculum that incorporates strong industry engagement.
In this role
Reporting to the Head of Department, Engineering, you will undertake a two-year project to meet the strategic goals of increasing student numbers and industry involvement in engineering. Liaise with relevant industry, teacher, student, professional associations and local communities to promote the technical capability of the department to attract high quality students.
Skills and Experience
- An undergraduate degree in engineering with three to six years relevant experience.
- An ability to develop innovative methodologies or take a leading role in the application of proven techniques involving theoretical and technical sophistication.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple stakeholders to achieve outcomes
- High level enterprise skills, including effective public speaking
- A strategic thinker who can focus on delivery and adapt focus accordingly.
- Some travel is expected.
- A current Australian driver's license and relevant passport.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this role.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Sunday, 2 April 2017 by 11.00pm AEDST.
Please address the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant on +61 03 9479 1241 or firstname.lastname@example.org
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.