Driving Simulator Programmer
The Centre for Human Factors and Sociotechnical Systems is seeking a Driving Simulator Programmer to be based at the Sippy Downs campus. The successful applicant will be employed on a casual basis, initially for a project that is anticipated to require the equivalent of six weeks’ full-time work.
We are seeking an experienced programmer, preferably with good knowledge of Python, 3ds Max and OpenSceneGraph. The USC driving simulator is powered by Oktal’s SCANeR™ studio software; previous experience with this software is desirable but not required. Formal tertiary qualifications are not required.
Duties can include:
- Building 3D environments within the USC Driving Simulator Software, based on real-world environments.
- Programming scenarios in the USC Driving Simulator Software.
- Develop data extraction protocols to enable research assistants to extract and conduct preliminary processing of driving simulator data.
- Demonstrated experience using multiple computer programming languages, preferably including Python.
- Demonstrated ability or capacity to acquire skills in developing 3D models and animations using tools such as 3ds Max and OpenSceneGraph.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Experience programming research experience and/or working in a research environment.
- Experience using Oktal’s SCANeR™ studio software.
How to Apply:
Applications should quote reference number 0004 and include a brief cover letter outlining your interest/skills for this position and a current CV. Applications are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you require further information, please contact:
Telephone: (07) 5456 3565
Applications close: Midnight, Sunday 2 April 2017