Research Officer in Wound Elect Trial
- Located at the Alfred Health Clinical School
- Full-time, Fixed Term Contract for 12 months
- $63,521 - $86,205 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is among the top 50 universities in the world under the age of 50 (Times Higher Education Rankings 2016), one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change to benefit the communities we serve.
The College of Science, Health and Engineering comprises 9 Schools and 16 Departments across La Trobe's multi-campus operations. The School of Nursing and Midwifery is one of the oldest tertiary nursing schools in Australia and offers education programs including Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Research Higher Degrees and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programs.
About the role
The School of Nursing and Midwifery are seeking to appoint an experienced Research Officer for an innovative multisite randomised controlled trial, examining the influence of electrical stimulation on lower leg oedema and venous ulceration. Under the direction of the study investigators Dr Bill McGuiness and Dr Charne Miller, this position will support the study investigators in tasks associated with project initiation, project administration, data management and data analysis and reporting.
Some travel to study sites may be required.
Skills and Experience
- Completion of a Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline (eg. Nursing, Allied Health) and evidence of participation in higher level study relevant to discipline or professional area.
- Evidence of experience in research and evaluation and the ability to work effectively under limited supervision or independently.
- Effective oral and written communication skills including the ability to interact effectively with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Hold a current Victorian Police Check or be willing to undertake one.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this role.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Sunday, 2 April 2017 by 11.00pm AEDST.
Position Enquiries: Dr Charne Miller, +61 3 9479 5090 or email@example.com
Please address the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant on +61 03 9479 1241 or firstname.lastname@example.org
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.