Research Development Advisor
2 days left
- Full Time
- Coordinate the excellence in research for The University of Western Australia
- Ongoing full time appointment
- Salary range: Level 9 $109,649 - $116,155 p.a.
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to 'innovate and inspire' there is no better time to join Western Australia's top University.
The Faculty of Engineering, Computing and Mathematics has an international reputation for excellence in research and has educated Rhodes Scholars, Fullbright Scholars, Eureka Prize winners, CEOs and six of the most influential engineers in Engineering Australia's Top 100 list. The Faculty capitalises on its location in the hub of Australia's biggest resource industry, and on the Indian Ocean Rim, to revolutionise engineering, mathematical and computationalresearch and position Western Australia at the forefront of Engineering for Remote Operations (ERO). With a strong base on the physical and mathematical sciences the Faculty also conducts world leading blue sky research in pure mathematics and the astronomical sciences.
About the opportunity
Under the direction of the General Manager, and working closely with the Office of Research Enterprise and Deputy Dean (Research), the successful appointee will assist with the development of research strategy and promote the Faculty's research profile. Identifying new opportunities for collaborations and funding, the Research Development Adviser will plan and implement a range of initiatives and events to diversify and strengthen the Faculty's research income base, working actively with researchers to build stakeholder relationships with corporate, industry and community partners.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Substantial experience in relating to researchers across all disciplines and to providing advice to staff at all levels
- Excellent interpersonal, consultation and negotiation skills
- Comprehensive knowledge and demonstrated expertise in research funding
- Experience working with relevant industry and/or government bodies
- A degree qualification or equivalent competency in a science, technology, engineering or mathematics discipline
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description
You will have excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and oral, with a high level of experience relating to researchers across a range of disciplines.
Closing date: Wednesday 29 March 2017
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion of the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.