Pro Vice Chancellor (Students) and Dean of Education
Job Ref No: 17008
Job Location: Open to all campuses
Appointment Term: A five year term and an attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant.
An opportunity exists for an experienced and successful academic leader to join Southern Cross University, one of Australia’s most vibrant educational institutions. Southern Cross University has established a reputation for a progressive and innovative approach to higher education and has strong connections to the local community.
The creation of this new position, PVC (Students) and Dean of Education, is an exciting initiative. The appointment of a dynamic and visionary leader will assist the University to extend and enhance strategies for student progression, success and employability. The role also provides the opportunity for an inspiring scholar to lead a proud, high-performing School of Education.
The PVC (Students) and Dean of Education will be a key executive member of the University and will be responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the effective management of the School’s teaching, research and engagement activities.
The successful candidate will have exceptional people leadership skills and the ability to forge educational strategies which marry exemplary pedagogy with digital enablement.
Required Skills and Experience
1. A PhD in a relevant discipline with a demonstrated high level of
scholarly research and professional attainment.
2. Demonstrated ability to forge educational strategies which marry exemplary pedagogy with digital enablement.
3. Extensive leadership experience in the higher education sector with demonstrated success in sectoral and whole-of-university strategic student initiatives.
4. Proven capacity to create a positive, collegial culture and to build capability to achieve objectives across student success, teaching, research and engagement.
5. Successful track record in leading a faculty or school, including demonstrated strong skills in managing people, implementing change and in financial management.
6. Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills including (i) high level consultation, negotiation and conflict resolution abilities and (ii) demonstrated ability to collaborate, network and build relationships within the University and with external stakeholders.
7. Experience and knowledge of Indigenous Australian people, culture and communities.
8. A strong commitment to workplace health and safety, equity and cultural diversity.
Closing date: Tuesday, 18 April 2017
For Further Information
To make further enquiries please contact Dr Rachel Lucas, RLCSearch on phone + 61 (0) 402 891 029 or email email@example.com.
Further information about the School of Education is available at: http://scu.edu.au/education/
Website URL link below to be inserted into the ‘How do you want applicants to apply’ section