Hardware and Software Engineer
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
EPICentre is a cross faculty research project between UNSW Art & Design and UNSW Medicine. The Expanded Perception and Interaction Centre (EPICentre) is a new facility pioneering new paradigms in interactive immersive visualisation and sonification. EPICentre is focused on new methodologies in integrated design processes, applied to medical and mental health. It is a benchmark interdisciplinary art/science initiative forging original pathways to knowledge with applied outcomes for researchers and public domains. To solve core challenges identified in EPICentre’s research strategy, the project includes the development of visualisation infrastructure advancing the design of unique hardware configurations, leading-edge software and human-computer interaction.
About the role
- $99K - $112K per year plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Fixed Term until 31 December 2019
The Hardware and Software Engineer will be responsible for installing and maintaining the hardware/software components within the EPICentre Facility. The focus will be on real-time distributed computer graphics within high resolution immersive stereoscopic display systems. The role requires a sound knowledge and experience of graphics clusters and components employed to deliver virtual reality experiences such as advanced audio and camera based tracking.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team Have demonstrated experience with programming and scripting languages and with large scale immersive environment infrastructure Postgraduate degree with relevant experience, or substantial industry experience as a systems administrator
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Luc Betbeder, Director Research Technology
T: (61 2) 9385 1216
Applications close: 5PM, 31 March 2017