Research Support Officer - Faculty of Engineering
- Full Time
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Faculty of Engineering at UNSW is a national and international leader in engineering research and education and is the University’s premier research Faculty. It is the largest Engineering Faculty in Australia, graduating the largest number of engineers and with the largest research expenditure. Through excellence in fundamental and applied research the Faculty aims to be placed in the top 20 internationally by 2025. The Faculty aims to be recognised as a world leading innovation hub with long-lasting impacts on both quality of life and economic prosperity in Australia and internationally. The Faculty places high priority on research that is targeted to developing solutions to major societal and global challenges and is recognised as the preferred partner for effective interdisciplinary engagement with industry, government and other universities.
About the role
- $89K - $96K plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Research Support Officers (3 positions) play a key role in supporting the Faculty’s strategic objective of Delivering Impact from Research Excellence whereby UNSW Engineering will strive to
increase both the quantity and calibre of highest quality research undertaken by staff and research students, and to raise the profile and impact of this research.
The Research Support Officers work closely with researchers within Schools, providing and coordinating operational, administrative and project management support across all stages of the research project lifecycle.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- knowledge and understanding of the research environment and grant funding processes, with experience working closely with researchers.
- demonstrated ability to think creatively and adopt an innovative hands-on approach to problem solving within a small team.
- demonstrated strong, numeracy and analytical skills with the ability to provide reporting, metrics and advice at all stages of the research funding lifecycle and contribute to resolving finance issues.
- relevant tertiary qualifications with subsequent work experience in research grant management or operational management (preferably in higher education) or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through training, education and/or experience.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Rohan Willard, Faculty Research Manager
T: (61 2) 9385 5972
Applications close: Wednesday 29 March 2017