Senior Educational Developer - Degrees@FutureLearn
JOB ID: 170149
SALARY RANGE: $91,650 to $105,078 pa (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time (36.75 hours per week) and fractional appointments negotiable, and fixed term for 18 months (multiple positions available)
LOCATION: Melbourne Burwood Campus, however staff will be required to work at Geelong Waterfront Campus and Deakin Downtown
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Senior Educational Developer will work collaboratively with Academics, other design teams and divisional staff in the design and development of stimulating and innovative learning experiences in a variety of pedagogically focused learning modules for the Degrees@FutureLearn project.
This will include:
- Leading and supporting the design and development of student centred digital learning experiences and activities for the FutureLearn modules.
- Contributing to the conceptualisation and application of a range of best practice online learning models to create a coherent student experience and to ensure best practice web content standards are met.
- Providing leadership and expert advice on digital learning design and future pedagogies to enhance practice and outcomes for the FutureLearn learning experience.
- Providing design expertise and support to Academics and Deakin Learning Futures participating in the FutureLearn projects.
- Relevant postgraduate degree in Education, Information Technology, Interactive Media or related field with subsequent relevant experience in tertiary education.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and delivering interactive learning experiences for online learning modules.
- Extensive experience with learning management systems and associated educational technologies.
- Demonstrated understanding of learning design principles/theory, practices and technologies relating to flexible and online teaching and learning in a blended learning environment.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Lucy Schulz, Tel: +61 3 924 45267 or 0409 288 528
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 26 March 2017
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin’s workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.