Administration Officer - Medical Coder
Menzies Institute for Medical Research at the University of Tasmania is one of Australia’s leading health and medical research institutes and is recognised worldwide for its research excellence. Menzies’ mission is to perform internationally significant medical research leading to healthier, longer and better lives for all Tasmanians.
The Administrative Officer - Medical Coder will be required to register, code and trace cancer notifications, and provide administrative support for TCR activities.
In the role you will:
- Review pathology reports, registration forms and death records to determine completeness, accuracy and eligibility for registration.
- Liaise with clinicians, medical records and pathology laboratory personnel to obtain additional information required to complete registration details.
- Enter demographic and clinical details into specified databases.
- Provide administrative support for TCR staff.
- Contribute to the development of TCR systems and processes.
You will be employed on a 10 month fixed-term, full-time basis (maternity leave cover).
To be considered, you will have:
- Completion of a diploma level qualification with relevant work related experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Demonstrated ability to code medical data.
- Good interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a range of people.
- Practical experience with computer software including word processing, database entry and data management skills, email and Internet packages.
- Demonstrated organisational skills, ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines, and attention to detail.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 4 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $69,608 comprising base salary within the range of $59,137 to $63,569 plus 9.5% superannuation.
For further information about this position please contact Mr Brian Stokes, Manager TDLU, Brian.Stokes@utas.edu.au
**Please note, your application must as a minimum include your resume, a cover letter and your responses to the position/selection criteria uploaded as one document. The position description for this role is available on the University of Tasmania website.
Applications close Tuesday, 28 March 2017.