Assistant Research Technician - Biology and Biological Engineering
Seeking a motivated individual to join an immunology/structural biology laboratory in the Division of Biology. The successful candidate will work with a multidisciplinary research team on one or more projects to study antibody structure and function as part of an effort to develop novel therapeutics.
- General lab duties including buffer and reagent prep
- Molecular biology tasks including cloning (PCR, gel electrophoresis, sequencing and validating constructs, etc.) and plasmid preparation
- Protein purification (affinity and size exclusion chromatography)
- Bioconjugations of proteins, ELISAs, SPR, and other assays
- Maintaining records
- Other duties as assigned
- BA or BS in Biology, Chemistry or related field
- At least one year of experience in a biology or chemistry research laboratory
- Knowledge of basic chemistry, buffer prep and calculations
- Cloning experience including Gibson cloning, site-directed mutagenesis, and/or restriction-enzyme based cloning
- Demonstrated ability to plan and carry out experiments and to work independently. Experience designing and making protein expression plasmids.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- A background in immunology, molecular biology, or structural biology
- Protein purification experience
Supervisory position? No
Posting Detail Information
Posting Open Date 12/19/2016
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.