Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer
Founded over 30 years ago to undertake Research & Development and graduate training in support of Ireland’s nascent electronics manufacturing industry, Tyndall National Institute in Cork is now a powerhouse of research activity and a leading European research centre in integrated ICT hardware and systems. It works with industry and academia to transform its technologies and inventions into solutions to society’s challenges in electronics, communications, energy, health, agri-food and the environment.
This is an outstanding opportunity to take a strategic leadership role in further developing Tyndall National Institute at University College Cork, Ireland as a high performance organisation that is considered in the top five research centres in the EU. Since being established Tyndall has enjoyed substantial capital and revenue funding and is now respected as an institute of international importance, gaining worldwide acclaim for its research outputs and enjoying long-term corporate relationships with many leading international technology companies.
• This is a highly visible role that demands substantial interaction with the corporate world, government agencies and partner institutions, raising Tyndall’s international profile while contributing to the Irish and EU economy.
• You will be responsible for developing the vision for Tyndall National Institute, developing a new strategic plan and leading a programme of strategic initiatives that will build capability, continue to attract world–class talent and global recognition within commercial, academic and governmental circles
• This is a significant leadership role and you will be responsible for further developing a high performance organisation that is considered as best in class
• You will balance scientific excellence with commercial activities through the pursuit of innovative, excellent research and engineering with high potential for commercialisation
• Whether you are currently working in industry, research or academia, you will have an outstanding track record of achievement in research with significant experience of strategic engagement at the interface of industry and academia.
• You will demonstrate excellent leadership in complex organisations and in particular delivering improved performance and robust organisational development
• Excellent communication skills must accompany profound and highly adept leadership strengths, and the ability to work across international borders, building relationships and influencing at the highest level in industry, academia and at governmental level is essential
• You must be able to inspire, innovate and influence across a range of organisations, aligning multidisciplinary interests behind challenging goals. Above all, you will have the vision and drive to develop an organisation that delivers nationally important and internationally recognised outputs
This is a critical post for EU research as a whole and is a unique opportunity for a highly motivated and ambitious candidate.
How to Apply
For a confidential conversation, please contact:
Eleanor Lawrence at email@example.com on +44 (0) 207 333 1840
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter of no more than 3 pages outlining how you meet the requirements for this role, quoting reference HN266333 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 17.00 hours, Friday 21 April 2017
Harvey Nash is a global executive search consultancy.
Complying with the DTI: We are an Employment Agency