HR Service Center Representative
Working Title HR Service Center Representative Classification Title Technician II Position Type State Classified Open Date 03/14/2017 Close Date 03/27/2017 Salary $2,824 monthly + FULL BENEFITS Full/Part Time Full-time State Classified Hourly No Overtime Eligible Position Location Fort Collins, CO 80523 Description of Work Unit
The Department of Human Resources exists to provide related services and support to the campus community through the services provided by the following units: Benefits Unit, Payroll Unit, Records Unit, State Classified Employment Unit, Employee Relations Unit, Background Check Unit. HRIS Unit, HR Service Center Unit and the Executive Director’s Office.
This Human Resources Service Center Representative position is responsible for providing customer service excellence to Academic Faculty, Administrative Professionals, Post Doctoral Fellows, and State Classified employees while applying specialized knowledge to answer inquiries. This position will serve as the first ‘point of contact’ with Human Resources and the ability to create a positive first impression is essential. This position must demonstrate professionalism (respect, kindness, confidence and integrity and honesty in all matters), while servicing the informational/technical requests of customers via walk-in, telephone or email. Serving both internal and external customers in an equitable, impartial and confidential manner is an essential job requirement. A large percentage of the Human Resources Service Center customer inquiries are related to benefits and this position requires the competency to communicate technical information in accordance with rules and regulations. This position will interpret and explain policies and procedures relating to Academic Faculty, Administrative Professionals, Post-Doctoral Fellows, and State Classified employees including retirement program regulations, benefit program regulations, payroll withholding issues and advise appropriately. The ability to demonstrate knowledge in other functional areas of Human Resources is also important and will include services provided in the Executive Director’s Office, Payroll, Records, Employment, Background Checks, and HRIS.
Two years of customer service experience where the primary responsibilities are to communicate company policies, technical procedures or processes, and/or employee related programs to internal and external customers.
The highly desired candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, abilities, personal characteristics, and experience directly related and critical to this position:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated experience in a technical team environment with a primary focus on high intensity customer service interaction
- Ability to handle multiple, time bound tasks in an efficient and accurate manner
- Ability to quickly learn company policies, procedures, and employee programs in order to effectively communicate to internal and external customers
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated superior listening, oral, and written communications skills.
- Ability to accurately enter, retrieve, and revise data in a variety of computer-based systems and applications in order to respond to customer inquiries and maintain employer processes (i.e. MS Office, web-based data management systems etc.)
Essential Job Duties
Job Duty Category Customer Service Duty/Responsibility
A large percentage of the Human Resources Service Center Representative customer inquiries are related to University Benefit programs and this position requires the competency to communicate information in a technical capacity (e.g. open enrollment dates, eligibility requirements for all employee types, study privilege information, etc.) both verbally and in writing in lieu of referring to the Unit level. The ability to demonstrate knowledge in other functional areas of Human Resources is also important and will include services provided in the Executive Director’s Office, Payroll Unit, Records Unit, State Classified Employment Unit, Employee Relations Unit, Background Check Unit, HRIT Unit and the Service Center Unit.
Examples of areas where knowledge will be obtained through one-on-one training in the University’s Human Resources Department include, but are not limited to:
- Section 125 pre-tax enrollment criteria
- Federal/State/Local tax guidelines
- University Policies
- Human Resources and Academic Faculty/Administrative Professional Manuals
- State Classified Personnel Board Rules, etc
Percentage Of Time 65% Job Duty Category Data Entry Duty/Responsibility
The ability to successfully perform in this position requires the aptitude to achieve proficiency in data entry and utilizing various software programs including, but not limited to: 1.) Oracle, 2.) Oracle Advanced Benefits, 3.) Benefitsolver, 4.) Microsoft Office Products (Word, Publisher, Access, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook), 5.) PeopleAdmin, 6.) Adobe Contribute CSS application, 7.) FileZilla, 8.) PuTTY, and 9.) Internet Explorer.
Examples of specific technical duties this position may perform while serving customers or completing daily position requirements include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oracle, Administraive Applications and Resources (AAR), Self-Serv Navigation, eID Password Reset
- Researching and Entering Vendor Retirement Distribution Terminations
- Pull down Vendor FTP files
- Process incoming/outgoing mail in accordance with each Unit’s standards
FML Cover Sheets
- Create .pdf fillable forms and file folder labels
- Benefits Documentation or Error Follow-up (FSA unsubstantiated debt, enrollment, missing SSN’s,vendor error reports, SC approvals, COBRA Term list, etc.)
- New Hire Benefits Notification and Tracking
- Benefits Vendor Wire Requests
- State Classified Applicants – Panel Check-in
- Ordering/Stocking Publications/Forms
- Payroll Check Notifications, distribution and daily check deposits
- Review and verification of benefits enrollment information (e.g., forms and online)
- Update HR Service Center Desk Reference Manual
Note: These duties may be variable and are dependent upon incoming telephone and walk-in volume generated by the Human Resources Service Center customers.
Percentage Of Time 30% Job Duty Category Other Duties Duty/Responsibility
Other duties may also be assigned in support of the Human Resources Department on an as needed basis.
Percentage Of Time 5% Application Details
Special Instructions to Applicants
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
- Clearly document job duties you have performed that relate to minimum qualifications, preferred qualifications, and essential job duties in the Work Experience section on the application. Human Resources must be able to evaluate your experience based on this information.
- Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application so that Human Resources can calculate full-time work experience.
- The APPLICATION is the only document that will be utilized to determine if minimum qualifications, as outlined in the job posting, have been met. The Application is considered to be the legal document on file; resumes will not be reviewed for minimum qualification requirements.
- If an Application is considered “Incomplete”, the Application will be removed from consideration for the position.
- An Application is incomplete if no current/ previous employment is included in the Work Experience section of the Application.
- An Application is incomplete if “see resume” (or something similar) is noted, or previous employment does not contain job duties for every position in the Work Experience section of the Application.
- Positions requiring a degree or if using education as a substitution for work experience (eg: Associate or Bachelor’s) transcripts are required in order to verify receipt of the required degree or coursework. If official or unofficial transcripts are not supplied at the time of application, the Application is incomplete.
- When a resume is listed as a required document, it may be used in the comparative analysis/ evaluation process to determine the candidates that most closely meet the qualifications of the position. This process occurs after an application has passed the minimum qualifications screening.
- Resumes will not be accepted in place of a completed application; however, some positions may still require a resume as a component for complete application materials.
**Please see the Required Documents section of the posting.
- The selection process for State Classified positions may include an exam(s), which requires candidates to physically appear (at the CSU campus in Fort Collins, CO) at the candidates’ own expense.
- All status updates for this position will be sent via email from email@example.com. In addition to your Inbox, remember to check the Deleted and Junk folders for these important communications.
- Pertinent updates to your Application status can be obtained by logging into your application account at https://jobs.colostate.edu
DEPARTMENT CONTACT INFORMATION
- Please check the Help link online at https://jobs.colostate.edu/help/ for assistance on your application or for answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
- All other inquiries should be directed to the Colorado State University Human Resources Office HR_Employment@mail.colostate.edu.
Conditions of Employment Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires) EEO Statement
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
Employment and Appeal Rights
If you receive notice that you have been eliminated from consideration for the position, you may protest the action by filing an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the date you receive notice of the elimination. Also, if you wish to challenge the selection and comparative analysis process, you may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the receipt of notice or knowledge of the action you are challenging.
Refer to Chapters 4 and 8 of the State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director’s Administrative Procedures, 4 CCR 801, for more information about the appeals process. The State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director’s Administrative Procedures are available at www.colorado.gov/spb.
A standard appeal form is available at: www.colorado.gov/spb. If you appeal, your appeal must be submitted in writing on the official appeal form, signed by you or your representative, and received at the following address within 10 days of your receipt of notice or knowledge of the action: Colorado State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director, Attn: Appeals Processing, 1525 Sherman Street, 4th Floor, Denver, CO 80203. Fax: 303-866-5038. Phone: 303-866-3300. The ten-day deadline and these appeal procedures also apply to all charges of discrimination.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you willing and able to submit to a pre-employment background check that may include, but is not limited to, criminal history, national sex offender search and motor vehicle history as a condition of hire?
- * Do you have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution?
Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Veteran DD214 Form (Member-4) (For State Classified searches ONLY)