Deputy Vice-Chancellor (International)
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (International)
Salary Grade: Competitive
Other Benefits: Position is pensionable with employer contribution
Base Location: Europa Point Campus
Probation Period: 12 months
Initial Contract Period: Three years
Hours worked per week: 37
Leave: 30 Working Days
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible to: Vice-Chancellor
The Deputy-Vice-Chancellor (International) is responsible for providing academic leadership, development and implementation of the university’s internationalisation strategy. This involves identifying and formalising key strategic partnerships and overseeing a growth in the diversity and size of the University’s international student population. Assuring income from international activity is a key responsibility of this position. The appointee will develop the institution’s capability to recruit international students and establish a positive student experience. S/he will lead on immigration compliance, study abroad and international student employability opportunities. The appointee will be the Deputy CEO and thus support the Vice-Chancellor on all matters relating to strategic development and the achievement of core goals of the University. S/he will form part of the Executive Team and will be expected to exercise line-management responsibilities across the academic, professional and short course portfolio.
An outstanding record of successful leadership and management in higher education and strong background in internationalisation are essenital for this post. The appointee is expected to hold a PhD and to have had significant experience of working with an international student recruitment remit as well as played an institutional leadership role in higher education. S/he will have the personal authority, presence and higher education expertise needed to represent the University effectively.
1. PRIMARY FUNCTIONS:
• In close consultation with the Vice-Chancellor, set the strategic direction for the international ambitions and activities of the University.
• As Deputy CEO, play a key role in the development of financial and business plans of the University and the meeting of institutional targets, working alongside the University’s CFOO.
• Propose and agree fees with the Board of Governors for international students and programmes across the University’s portfolio.
• Develop, implement and monitor the university’s internationalisation strategy.
• Develop and maintain key strategic international partnerships in geographical regions and discipline areas identified as priorities in the University’s strategic plan.
• Build the University’s international brand and profile in ways which align with its values and strategic goals.
• Oversee the growth and diversity of the international student numbers and thus income derived from international recruitment.
• Establish and manage contractual arrangements with recruiting agencies and partners
• Establish and oversee the University’s international office which responsible for:
o recruiting international students;
o managing applications and admissions of international students;
o assisting on visa matters and ensuring compliance with immigration rules;
o prospectuses and promotional materials targeted at international students;
o facilitating work-placement and study abroad experiences; and,
o creating a positive international student experience.
• Establish and maintain active an international alumni association for the University and other international relationships of benefit to the University and its students.
• Establish offshore offices and campuses over time and as agreed in the internationalization strategy
• Broker international validation arrangements and collaborative partnerships.
• Be responsible for quality and standards for international partnerships and programs
• Have Executive oversight for the academic, professional and short courses of the University and effectively line manage University Directors with responsibilities in these areas and specifically in relation to:
o the meeting of income targets associated with research and taught programmes;
o the meeting of student recruitment targets
o the establisment and promotion a positive learning experience for students
o the implementation of a cycle of continuous improvement
o the extension (or consolidation) of the academic and professional portfolio as per strategic plan of the University
o the development of new programmes, institutes or centres
o annual reviews of performance, target setting and the meeting of professional development needs of the Directors under her/his line-management.
• To undertake any other duties and responsibilities, commensurate with the grade of the post, as directed by the VC.
For further information, please visit www.unigib.edu.gi/vacancy