Security & Safety Officer
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW are seeking an enthusiastic and driven Security & Safety Officer to support the Security & Traffic Management Unit. The role is challenging, varied, fast paced and involves getting out and about on campus whilst also balancing the administration demands. The Unit consists of security & risk management, security operations, security systems, emergency management and parking and traffic management. The Unit is dedicated to delivering a proactive and high level of service to the UNSW community.
About the role
- $81K - $86K per year (plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
This role will involve:
- Managing and evaluating building evacuations and lockdown exercise
- Ensuring adequate warden teams are formed for each building
- Developing and reviewing building evacuation plans to ensure they are current and compliant
- Maintaining and reviewing emergency plans and operating procedures
- Ensuring contract security staff undertake UNSW induction and required training prior to being rostered
- Co-ordinating various activities for the team and preparing reports and documentation
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Strong communication skills and proven ability to exercise sound judgement and remain calm when dealing with emergencies.
- High-level analytical and problem solving skills.
- Relevant experience working in a similar environment that is fast paced with changing priorities.
- An ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- A tertiary qualification in emergency management, security or a relevant discipline. A 1AC NSW Security Licence is desirable, or a willingness to obtain this licence.
- You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
T: (61 2) 9385 5900
Applications close: 7 April 2017