Associate Lecturer in Public Health and Community Medicine
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Public Health and Community Medicine (SPHCM) is internationally recognised as a leader in Public Health and Community Medicine with particular research strengths in Epidemiology and Infectious Diseases, Health Services Management, Global Health and Primary Health Care. The School has a core focus in research and teaching to help inform policy, governance, organisation, work and leadership in the health sectore through cross disciplinary collaborations with both academia and industry. The School also has strong associations with research centres and institutes throughout UNSW Medicine.
About the role
- $71,437 - $95,248 plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Fixed Term for 3 years
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The School of Pulic Health and Community Medicine has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Lecturer to join their team. In this role you will conribute to teaching in undergraduate and postgraduate programs, with a focus on convening courses in the areas of infectious diseases.
You will also co-supervise undergraduate students in Independent Learning Projects and higher degree students in Masters, PhD and DrPH research projects and contribute to curriculum and course development in postgraduate and undergraduate courses.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have knowledge and experience in epidemiology, infectious diseases, tropical diseases, humanitarian respons;
- Have experience in delivery of quality teaching and curriculum development, including teaching in Public Health courses at tertiary level;
- Hold a PhD or equivalent qualification in Public Health.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Professor Raina MacIntyre, Head of School
T: (61 2) 9385 3811
Applications close: Sunday, 16 April 2017