Looking for a challenging role supporting student success in a fast-paced environment? We have an opportunity for you!
- Be part of a passionate, newly formed team
- Become a key player in our students' experience and success
- Permanent, full time role
About Laureate International Universities:
Laureate International Universities (LIU) is a leading international network of quality, innovative institutions of higher education. The LIU network of more than 80 accredited campus-based and online universities offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs to more than 950,000 students in 29 countries around the world.
The LIU network comprises Laureate Australia, which includes some of Australia's iconic education brands; Torrens University Australia which offers a growing range of degree programs to students all over Australia, into the Asia-Pacific region and beyond; Think Education which encompasses eight different colleges in NSW, QLD and VIC across four faculties; Business, Health, Hospitality and Design; and Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School, Australia's leading hotel school for hospitality education providing internationally recognised hospitality and business degree courses.
About the role
Based in Sydney at our campus in Pyrmont, this role is part of an integrated Learning Support Team. This Team is tasked with supporting student success in all aspects of academic literacies across the student lifecycle. The range of responsibilities will ensure no two days are the same, and the variety will keep you stimulated. In addition to collection management and acquisitions, you will work closely with academic staff to ensure our services are aligned with the curriculum, collaborate with team members to develop and deliver information literacy programs, in a range of formats and environment.
You will have the benefit of working with a small team at a local level, but with 7 libraries across Australia, you will also play a key role in a larger team, and contribute to the Library strategy nationally.
You will have:
- Completion of a relevant degree or graduate diploma with some relevant work experience and/or eligibility for membership of the Australian Library and Information Association
- Demonstrated proficiency in information technology skills including business applications, library management systems, digital resources, and online learning platforms and tools.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including leading a small teams; collaborating with internal and external teams; a positive attitude; and excellent relationship management and customer service skills
- Demonstrated experience in designing and delivering learning objects in a range of formats.
- Proven track record of working to tight timeframes, problem solving, and to work in a challenging and fast paced environment
- Able to exercise judgment in dealing with a range of operational and/or conceptual tasks and to demonstrate flexibility and sound decision making within agreed boundaries
- Superior verbal and written communication skills including excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong understanding of current trends in the tertiary education environment, information literacy, and student support.
- Experience in libraries within a higher education college or university
- Subject specialisation knowledge
Apply for Liaison Librarian
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly