Classification: Academic Level B, C or D
Salary package: Level B $94,287 to $107,381 per annum plus plus 17% superannuation, Level C $113,929 to $127,025 per annum plus 17% superannuation or
Level D $136,843 to $149,821 (pro-rata) per annum plus 17% superannuation
Terms: Fixed term, 3 years, Full or Part-time
The ANU Statistical Consulting Unit (SCU) provides statistical advice to and has research collaborations with research students and staff from all areas of the University. The SCU provides statistical support across all ANU Colleges and disciplines.The SCU has close links with the statisticians in the Mathematical Sciences Institute (MSI) and the College of Business and Economics (CBE).
The SCU is seeking a Statistical Consultant to join its team of experienced consultants and to contribute to the consulting and research responsibilities of the Unit.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A PhD in Applied or Mathematical Statistics;
- A strong inter-disciplinary publication record;
- Research publications in statistical methodology journals
- Experience communicating and collaborating with applied researchers whose expertise is not Statistics;
- 5+ years working in a statistical consulting role, either internal or external to a university;
- Proficiency in a range of statistical methodologies and statistical packages;
- Ability to develop and deliver effective short courses for applied researchers on statistical techniques and statistical computing;
- Experience reviewing journal articles and research grants from a statistical perspective.
- Some administrative experience within a statistical consulting unit.
Experience with design and analysis of sample surveys would be particularly valuable. Other areas of interest include multivariate Statistics, design and analysis of experiments, and biostatistics.
Important Note: One position is available and is advertised over three levels to find the best candidate for the position. If the position is filled at Academic Level B or C, the hours will be full-time and if the position is filled at Academic Level D the hours will be part-time (0.8 FTE). The level of appointment will be made commensurate to the candidate's experience.
For further information contact the SCU Director, Stephen Haslett, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 9 April 2017
Position Description: Statistical Consultant.pdf
The University actively encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. For more information on employment opportunities, contact our Indigenous Employment Consultant on email@example.com
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.