- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Planning & Performance is the business owner of the Information Hub, the enterprise data warehouse, and Enterprise Information and Data Governance. Its role is to improve the University’s performance in key areas of business intelligence and planning based on reliable and robust data and to build processes that support continuous improvement and develop uniform, responsive and effective operating models and information systems.
UNSW Planning & Performance provides management reports, business intelligence, analysis and strategic advice based on the data to multiple stakeholders across the University; and reports to the Australian Government and other statutory bodies
About the role
- $81K-86K plus 9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed Term : 12 months
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Test Analyst is responsible for the end-to-end testing of custom applications and reporting solutions to support Planning and Performance activities across UNSW. The Test Analyst will have high-level communication and documentation skills, and the ability to propose effective solutions to the Development team and Student Load Planning (SLP) Project Manager as appropriate. The Test Analyst will be required to operate effectively in an Agile Scrum team and is expected to show initiative in identifying and implementing opportunities for enhancements.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A relevant degree or qualification in a relevant discipline or equivalent level of knowledge gained through a combination of education, training and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute test scripts within the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Demonstrated ability with testing procedures and application development in an Agile Scrum environment and using delivery management tools (e.g. JIRA and Confluence).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to liaise effectively with all levels of staff.
- Knowledge of a high-level programming language (e.g. python) and server-side scripting language (PHP).
- Knowledge of automated testing software and methodologies.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Emily Webber, Assistant Director (Business Analytics)
T: (61 2) 9385 8192
Applications close: 22 March 2017