Staff Support - Facility Management Service Center
Provide excellent customer service and integral support for Caltech Facilities Customer Service Center to all members of the campus community as well as any outside customer support. Receives request for services provided by facilities via telephone and computer generated service request from various campus organizations.
Processes request using the campus IWMS, assigns account codes, maintains files, dispatches and provides support to facilities maintenance personnel in carrying out their maintenance functions. Periodically works under emergency conditions.
Will provide technical support to field mechanics with the use of the campus BMS system. This will require a knowledge of facilities infrastructure and the proper operation and troubleshooting processes for facilities equipment.
In coordination and cooperation with the campus community and facilities management, provide services that include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide customer service communication for all inquiries.
- Review and process service request into work orders using the Caltech IWMS.
- Act as a liaison between control specialist and maintenance mechanics.
- Troubleshoot applicable work orders through the use of the campus BMS system.
- Process utility and building shutdown requests. Create notices, notify building management.
- Monitor critical work orders and inform management and customers on work status. Document details for management regarding status of work order activity pertaining to issues such as floods, fire alarm activations and power outages.
- Conduct oneself in a manner that will at all times maintain courteous cooperative and professional relationships among all customers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum two years clerical and/or business administration experience.
- Minimum three years facilities maintenance experience.
- Excellent mechanical trouble shooting skills.
- Refined communication skills a must as position requires frequent liaison with others both within and outside of the Department.
- Experience and knowledge of enterprise business systems, CMMS, IWMS, and computer experience necessary.
- Journeyman license/trade school preferred.
Supervisory position? No
Posting Detail Information
Posting Open Date 03/13/2017
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.