Flint Animal Cancer Center Outreach Coordinator
Description of Work Unit
The Flint Animal Cancer Center (FACC)in the Department of Clinical Sciences at Colorado State University serves to improve the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer in pet animals, translating our research and knowledge to also benefit people with cancer. They offer the latest and most advanced diagnostics and treatments in surgery, chemotherapy and radiation therapy. They attain their mission through an innovative study of cancer, thoughtful and compassionate care, specialized treatment options and procedures.
The Flint Animal Cancer Center seeks a full-time position to be located in the Flint Animal Cancer Center (FACC) within the Clinical Sciences Department of the College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences at Colorado State University, under the supervision of the Director of the Flint Animal Cancer Center. The purpose of this position is to provide outreach, advancement and communications support to the FACC in coordination with the Development and Communications groups in CVMBS.
Required Job Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in business, communications or related field.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and customer service.
• Excellent relationship building skills.
• Ability to make decisions and to work independently, as well as work as a member of a team.
• Experience in website writing and maintenance.
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Power Point, and ability to learn university office management systems quickly (eg. Accounting, Advancement, Travel, VTH electronic medical record, etc).
• Strong project management skills – ability to balance multiple deadlines and projects effectively and under time pressure.
• Experienced writer, editor, and communicator with a portfolio that demonstrates innovation and self-motivation on past projects.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Willing to travel occasionally (2-4 local and/or national trips per year).
Preferred Job Qualifications
• Demonstrated competence in financial management skills, program administration, staff management and supervision.
• Proven creative problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze situations, set priorities, and bring about timely, accurate solutions.
• Strong collaborative leadership skills.
• Experience building or using computerized databases ( i.e. Access).
• Experience in a higher education environment.
• Experience with event planning, designing and implementing development/fundraising campaigns.
• Executive support experience and skills (travel coordination, extensive scheduling/rescheduling).
Personal or professional commitment to diversity as demonstrated by persistent effort, active planning, allocation of resources and/or accountability for diversity outcomes.
Job Duty Category Outreach/Development Coordination Duty/Responsibility
Assist with the planning and scheduling of work with Development Team to:
- Initiate, encourage, maintain and document donor contact using the CSU ADVANCE Database to track donor correspondence and strategies.
- Assist with development and execution of customized stewardship strategies for friends of the FACC.
- Maintain and update databases for donations/research support using ADVANCE database.
- Maintain and update a donations reporting system using ADVANCE.
- Provide support to meet development goals.
- Coordinate all aspects of annual donation newsletter campaign.
- Manage donations and generate thank you letters to donors.
- Coordinate FACC events and support CSU events of relevance to the FACC.
Percentage Of Time 60 Job Duty Category Communication/Public Relations Duty/Responsibility
Work with the CVMBS/University Communications teams to:
- Maintain internal and external websites.
- Apply emerging communication tools both internally and externally.
- Maintain and coordinate social media presence.
- Assist with the production of biannual newsletter, university center documentation, outreach and promotional materials in a timely manner.
Percentage Of Time 30 Job Duty Category Executive Administrative Support Duty/Responsibility
- Travel, scheduling and contact management for senior leadership.
- Coordinate FACC seminar series, workshops and conferences.
Percentage Of Time 10
Special Instructions to Applicants
The full job posting and application instructions can be found at: http://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/42345.
Application materials should include a cover letter that addresses all minimum/preferred qualifications, resume/CV and a list of 3 professional references with contact information. The position is open until filled but for full consideration, applications should be submitted by 11:59pm, 4/3/17.
References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
Conditions of Employment
Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires)
Search Contact Candice Hastings, firstname.lastname@example.org
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.