Team Leader Finance Support & Transactions
- 12 month fixed term appointment
- Salary range: Level 6/ Level 7 $77,122 - $81,626 p.a.
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to 'innovate and inspire' there is no better time to join Western Australia's top University.
Finance supports the mission of the University by providing a high quality, end-to end, flexible and responsive financial management and advisory service including provision of corporate financial services. The University's professional service delivery model was created to deliver effective and efficient end to end services across the whole University. The model includes all core services of the University and creates functionally aligned services delivered through Service Delivery Centres.
About the opportunity
The Team Leader Finance Support and Transactions will lead a small transaction and purchasing team to provide high quality end-to-end financial services to the Faculty of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences. With a strong commitment to excellence in service, the Team Leader will develop a culture of continuous improvement within their team and deliver a range of professional financial and accounting services.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent competency
- Substantial relevant administrative and financial management experience at an appropriate level
- Knowledge and understanding of financial accounting practices and procedures
- Proficiency in a range of computing skills including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet and email
- Highly developed written and verbal communications skills
- Commitment to providing a high level of quality customer service
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description
The successful candidate will use their financial management experience to lead a newly formed transaction and purchasing team in a complex and busy environment to deliver high quality end-to-end financial services. Applying their knowledge of financial policies, practices and procedures they will ensure financial controls are maintained while offering client focused solutions that meet the objectives of the Faculty and University.
Closing date: Friday 24 March 2017
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Please see the position description prior to applying: 315302, 315303, 315322, 315323, 315923.pdf
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion of the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.