Alumni Relations Officer
6 days left
- Part Time
- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
Salary: $85,189 - $92,216 p.a. (pro-rata) plus 9.5% superannuation
The Advancement Office aims to facilitate the establishment and maintenance of mutually beneficial relationships between the University and its alumni, friends and benefactors. It is responsible for the management of programs relating to alumni, students and benefactors, and provides services to and works collaboratively with faculties and other central administration areas.
University of Melbourne Advancement (UoMA) is responsible for the coordination and delivery of Believe: the Campaign for the University of Melbourne, www.campaign.unimelb.edu.au
The completion of the first phase goal of raising $500M for the Believe Campaign was publicly announced in March 2016 along with the intention to proceed with a second phase of the Campaign with revised goals of raising $1B and actively engaging with 100,000 alumni by the end of 2021. The Campaign is the largest initiative of its kind in the Asia-Pacific region.
The Alumni Relations Officer - Student Experience and Benefits is a member of the Alumni and Stakeholder Relations Team, which sits within the Advancement Office.
About the role
The Alumni Relations Officer -Student Experience & Benefits will be responsible for the delivery of alumni and student programs that support the University's engagement objectives. In this role you will work as part of a team, and be jointly responsible for the implementation of the University's alumni relations strategy and implementation of alumni relations activities including student experience programs and the coordination of alumni benefits. You will work closely with the Alumni Relations Manager - Student Experience and Benefits in the development and implementation of engagement programs.
In this role you will coordinate and help develop careers related alumni programs and volunteers. You will also contribute to communications, research and information gathering on alumni, as well as database management, which are core components of the role.
This exciting part-time position (0.6 FTE) is available until the end of May 2018.
- An appropriate tertiary qualification with substantial relevant work experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Experience in the delivery of external relations (or alumni relations) strategy and operational activities, preferably including alumni or student engagement events.
- An understanding of the principles of and current best practice in alumni relations and its relationship to fundraising, preferably in an education environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to deliver projects within time and budget.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the capacity to operate effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrated experience in achieving goals and objectives in a collaborative manner across a large organization.
- Evidence of superior written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Please submit a cover letter, CV and document addressing the key selection criteria listed in the position description.
Close date: 2 Apr 2017
Position Description and Selection Criteria*
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria