The applicant will perform research on the topic of quantum nonlocal games and their connection with group and graph theory. The initial work will consist in reading a paper by William Slofstra, arXiv:1606.03140. The applicant will then extend the construction in Slofstra’s paper to obtain constructions of nonlocal games that require quantifiably large amounts of entanglement to be played optimally.
The applicant will be responsible for organizing a weekly reading group on the topic of the research, as well as regular meetings with Prof. Vidick.
- Background in linear algebra, group theory, graph theory, and quantum information theory.
- Good familiarity with the theory of quantum nonlocal games.
- Familiarity with operator algebraic approaches to the theory of quantum nonlocal games.
- Familiarity with the theory of group and graph isomorphisms.
- Good organizational abilities.
- Strong presentation skills.
Supervisory position? No Posting Detail Information
Posting Open Date 03/10/2017 Posting Close Date Open Until Filled Yes
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Caltech is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. For more information about “EEO is the Law” click here: EEO is the Law
Special Instructions to Applicants Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a background in linear algebra, group theory, graph theory, and quantum information theory?
- * Are you familiar with the theory of quantum nonlocal games?
Documents Needed to Apply Required Documents
- Cover Letter