Description of Work Unit
This position will be a part of the College Liaison unit of the Libraries’ Scholarly Communications Division and will report to one of the Coordinators of the College Liaisons Unit.
The College Liaisons unit at CSU works to increase the visibility of library services across the University and cooperates with a variety of campus constituencies to promote research and instructional services, digital projects, institutional repositories, and grant activities. The College Liaisons unit is charged with providing information literacy/instructional support for library resources and library services to the campus community. All liaison librarians have teaching, research consultation, and collection development responsibilities.
CSU is making a strong and strategic investment to ensure that the Libraries meets the needs of the institution now and in the future, and the Dean of Libraries is also the campus Vice President for Information Technology and Academic Computing and Networking Services.
Tenure/Tenure Track? No % Research 0 % Teaching 95 % Service 5 % Administration 0 Open Posting Date Open Until Filled Yes To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT) on 04/03/2017 Number of Vacancies Desired Start Date Position End Date Position Summary
Colorado State University Libraries seeks a highly collaborative, innovative, enthusiastic, self-motivated, and service-oriented candidate for the position of Business Librarian. This position will report to one of the College Liaison Coordinators and will provide outreach to (and collaboration with) the College of Business and its academic departments. Duties will include providing effective subject-based library instruction, research services, and collection development to support business students, faculty, and researchers. This position will also participate in liaison unit activities and projects.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with faculty, staff, and students in CSU’s College of Business
- Providing in-person and virtual research assistance to faculty, students, and other business and interdisciplinary researchers on campus
- Teaching library instruction classes and workshops and creating instructional materials, in print and online, including tutorials that support business information literacy
- Collaborating with other subject liaisons and the Coordinator of Collections in collection development activities
- Maintaining knowledge of trends in business librarianship, liaison activities, and scholarly communication
- Participating in service locally and nationally
Required Job Qualifications
- Graduate degree in library science from an ALA-accredited program or international equivalent (degree granted by June 30, 2017).
- Experience (paid or volunteer) with reference work for an academic, public, special, or research library.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Graduate or undergraduate degree in a business field or economics
- Experience as a library liaison to a business-related department
- Demonstrated experience providing in-depth business research assistance in an academic, public, special, or research library
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Customer service experience
- Experience working as part of a team and maintaining a positive work environment
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity, and flexibility
- Experience managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines
- Evidence of a commitment to diversity
Special Instructions to Applicants
- References will not be contacted without prior notification to the applicant.
- Be sure to address all required job qualifications and as many preferred job qualifications as possible in your application.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Libraries’ commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Search Contact Sande Innes, email@example.com Essential Duties
Job Duty Category Librarianship Duty/Responsibility
Engage in liaison core job areas of research/reference, instruction, and collection development
Percentage Of Time 95 Job Duty Category Service Duty/Responsibility
Engage in service activities within the CSU Libraries, CSU campus, and regional or national professional organizations
Percentage Of Time 5 References Requested
Minimum Requested 3 Maximum Requested 3 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Will you have a graduate degree in library science from an ALA-accredited program or international equivalent by June 30, 2017?
- * Do you have experience (paid or volunteer) with reference work for an academic, public, special, or research library?
Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Resume or CV