Posting Detail Information
Working Title Custodian I (HOURLY, 0-40 Hours) Classification Title Custodian I Position Type State Classified Open Date 03/10/2017 Close Date 03/24/2017 Salary $12.58 (per hour) + FULL BENEFITS Full/Part Time Part-time State Classified Hourly Yes Overtime Eligible Position Location Fort Collins, CO 80523 Description of Work Unit
The Facilities department at the CSU Health Network is responsible for maintaining sanitary facilities to facilitate the delivery of care. The department is responsible for daily terminal cleaning, spill cleanup, waste management, and grounds assistance, in addition to special projects that arise on an annual basis. Exterior facility management may include snow removal on sidewalks, minor bush trimming, window washing, and patio maintenance. This departments provides ample opportunity for student workers. The CSUHN Facilities department is open between the hours of 7:00 am-11:00 pm Monday-Friday.
This position is benefits eligible, is scheduled 20 hours a week Monday – Friday, and generally works a 4-hour schedule between the hours of 5:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. These hours may vary slightly depending on business needs. PLEASE NOTE: This position is considered part-time “Hourly”, which means there are no guaranteed hours and the schedule may range from 0-40 per week.
The Custodian I position is critical in providing a clean and sanitary environment by performing housekeeping, cleaning, repairs, painting and waste collection services in all buildings and areas of the CSU Health Network.
To be considered for this position, applicants must show:
Six months of custodial services experience for a commercial cleaning employer.
Substitutions Preferred Qualifications
A very strong candidate will offer the following preferred qualifications:
- Experience providing custodial services in a medical environment.
- Experience maintaining employer and client confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and perform work responsibilities successfully with minimal supervision and work well with a team.
- Experience with the operation and use of vacuum cleaners, buffers, shampoo machines, wet/dry vacuums, waxers, floor scrubbing and/or polishing machines, stripping, waxing, buffing and/or other related cleaning operations.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to develop and maintain effective, professional working relationships with organization staff, students, and visitors.
Essential Job Duties
Job Duty Category Cleaning and Laundry Duty/Responsibility
Clean and maintain building interiors, following sanitary standards:
- Wash, wipe, dust, scrub, scour, disinfect, vacuum, sweep, mop, buff, and polish surfaces, floors, walls, windows, blinds, lavatories, mirrors, furnishings, and fabric
- Strip and wax hard floors
- Shampoo carpets and upholstery
- Remove snow from CSU Health Network exterior ground surfaces as back-up support to CSU Facilities Management, as needed.
- Spread various products on exterior ground surfaces to de-ice in order to prevent staff, patients, and visitors falling
- Collect, wash, dry, and put away in-house laundry
Percentage Of Time 35% Job Duty Category Floor Maintenance Duty/Responsibility
- Sweep, mop, scrub, and buff all hard floors to keep clean and eliminate scuff marks and scratches
- Vacuum carpeted floors and upholstered furniture
Percentage Of Time 30% Job Duty Category Repairs and Painting Duty/Responsibility
- Assist in repairs
- Paint walls and floors up to 20 feet high using scaffolding and extension methods.
- Move furniture
Percentage Of Time 25% Job Duty Category Waste Collection and Disposal Duty/Responsibility
- Gather recyclable materials
- Sort by bin for collection
- Gather non-recyclable items
- Replace trash liners and discard waste into the dumpster
- Collect and dispose of bio-hazard in proper receptacles
Percentage Of Time 10% Application Details
Special Instructions to Applicants
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
- Clearly document job duties performed that relate to minimum qualifications, preferred qualifications, and essential job duties in the “Work Experience” section on the application. We must be able to evaluate your experience based on this information.
- Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application so that we can calculate full-time experience.
- The APPLICATION is the only document that will be utilized to determine if minimum qualifications, as outlined in the job posting, have been met. The Application is considered to be the legal document on file; resumes will not be reviewed for minimum qualification requirements.
- If an Application is considered “Incomplete”, the application will be removed from consideration for the position.
- An Application is incomplete if no current/ previous employment is included in the Work Experience section of the Application.
- An Application is incomplete if “see resume” (or something similar) is noted, or previous employment does not contain job duties for every position in the Work Experience section of the Application.
- When a resume is listed as a required document, it may be used in the comparative analysis/ evaluation process to determine the candidates that most closely meet the qualifications of the position. This process occurs after an application has passed the minimum qualifications screening. **Please see the “Required Documents” section of the posting.
- Resumes will not be accepted in place of a complete application; however, resumes may still be required as a component of complete application materials.
- The selection process for State Classified positions may include an exam(s), which often requires candidates to physically appear (at the CSU campus in Fort Collins, CO) at the candidates’ own expense.
- All status updates for this position will be sent via email from firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition to your Inbox, remember to check in your Junk and Deleted folders for these important communications.
- Pertinent updates to your application status can be obtained by logging into your application account at https://jobs.colostate.edu
1) Multiple ways to login:
- Enter your Username and Password on the home page to login,
- Click on Login (in the upper left-hand corner) – then Login (Under Apply without Vitae),
- or Click on Returning Applicant – then Login (under Apply without Vitae)
2) Select “Your Applications” in order to display all the applications you have submitted to open positions as well as the following:
- You can view the Status of your application for each position
- You can withdraw your application from consideration
- You can view the job posting for the position you applied
- You can archive the application once the position has been filled
DEPARTMENT CONTACT INFORMATION
- Please check the “Help” link online at https://jobs.colostate.edu/help/ for assistance on your application or for answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
- All other inquiries should be directed to the Colorado State University Human Resources Office at the main phone line: 970-491-MyHR (6947).
Conditions of Employment Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires), Pre-employment Physical - successful completion of WorkSTEPS, Shift Work - willing and able to work a night shift between the hours of 5:00pm 11:00pm., Special Requirements/Other - Vaccinations must be up-to-date or you must be willing and able to become current with vaccinations, must be willing and able to submit to TB tesing upon hire., Use, Handling, or Exposure to hazardous materials - must be willing and able to use, handle, or be exposed to hazardous materials, including blood borne pathogens, wtih training. EEO Statement
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
Employment and Appeal Rights
If you receive notice that you have been eliminated from consideration for the position, you may protest the action by filing an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the date you receive notice of the elimination. Also, if you wish to challenge the selection and comparative analysis process, you may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the receipt of notice or knowledge of the action you are challenging.
Refer to Chapters 4 and 8 of the State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director’s Administrative Procedures, 4 CCR 801, for more information about the appeals process. The State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director’s Administrative Procedures are available at www.colorado.gov/spb.
A standard appeal form is available at: www.colorado.gov/spb. If you appeal, your appeal must be submitted in writing on the official appeal form, signed by you or your representative, and received at the following address within 10 days of your receipt of notice or knowledge of the action: Colorado State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director, Attn: Appeals Processing, 1525 Sherman Street, 4th Floor, Denver, CO 80203. Fax: 303-866-5038. Phone: 303-866-3300. The ten-day deadline and these appeal procedures also apply to all charges of discrimination.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you willing and able to submit to a pre-employment background check that may include, but is not limited to, criminal history, national sex offender search and motor vehicle history as a condition of hire?
- * Are you willing and able to submit to and pass a pre-employment physical?
- * This position will work a late night shift that starts at 5:00 p.m.; are you willing and able to start work at 5:00 p.m.?
- * Are you up-to-date with your vaccinations? If the answer is no or unsure, are you willing and able to become current with vaccinations as a condition of employment?
- Yes, my vaccinations are current.
- No/Unsure, but I am willing and able to obtain up-to-date vaccinations.
- No, I am not willing/able to obtain up-to-date vaccinations and understand that this removes my application from consideration.
- * Are you willing and able to undergo Tuberculosis testing as a condition of employment?
- * Are you willing and able to use, handle, or be exposed to hazardous materials with training?
- * This position is State Classified Hourly (SCH) which does not have guaranteed hours and may work anywhere from 0-40 hours during the week. Are you willing and able to work 0-40 hours per week with non-guaranteed hours?
- Yes, and I understand hourly positions do not have guaranteed hours and the hours scheduled are between 0-40 hours per week.
- No, I am only interested in position that have guaranteed hours.
- * In this position, strict confidentiality must be exercised. All patient Protected Health Information, which includes patient medical and financial information, and any other information of a private or sensitive nature are considered confidential. Explain your experience in exercising confidentiality.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe your experience cleaning and sanitizing work spaces in a medical environment (i.e. hospital, clinic, etc.). Explain any experience you have cleaning / handling bio-hazard waste and bodily fluids.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please tell about your experiences of working with a team. How did you place importance on being a good team member? How did you resolve conflict? What did you like and/or dislike about working on a team?
(Open Ended Question)
- * This position will often work independently to complete daily job tasks with minimal supervision. Please give an example of a time when you were responsible for completing work without assistance or supervisory approval. (1) Describe the job tasks performed, (2) how you knew you were meeting your supervisor's expectations, and (3) what you like and dislike about working independently/alone?
(Open Ended Question)
Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Veteran DD214 Form (Member-4) (For State Classified searches ONLY)