University Centre for Rural Health
Sydney Medical School
Reference No. 462/0317
- Join an organisation that encourages progressive thinking
- Located in Lismore – NSW North Coast (740km north of Sydney)
- Full-time, fixed term until 31/12/2018 - 134K-$142K p.a. which includes leave loading and up to 17% super
About the opportunity
The University Centre for Rural Health (UCRH}, with campuses in Lismore, Murwillumbah and Grafton, provides a supportive and cooperative educational environment, exceptional teaching facilities and close, affordable accommodation. A network of relationships, including state and private hospitals, GP practices and private specialist practices, allied health and aboriginal medical services, combine to give students excellent patient, allied health and doctor access across a breadth of patient scenarios, all within an accessible team of medical and allied health professionals and administration staff.
We are currently seeking a Centre Manager to play a pivotal role in driving forward the strategic agenda of the UCRH and directing the management of optimal and seamless operational support and client service via oversight of the management of the administration team and the coordination of budget preparation and financial reporting, facilities management, human resource services, education program support, information management, and information technology.
As the Centre Manager you will:
- provide high level strategic and operational advice and support to the Director and UCRH Executive on the achievement of operational and administrative objectives and requirements of the Department
- provide sound expert advice and input into the development of strategy, policy and planning for the Director
- coordinate the implementation of operational plans and policy, ensuring compliance with University research, student, ethics and external legislative/regulatory policies and procedures
- provide effective general management of operational and administrative systems, professional staff, processes and programs to meet these requirements in alignment with University research, student, human resources policies and practices, and legislative/regulatory requirements, and ensures a safe working environment for all staff and students
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence.
We are looking for a Centre Manager who possesses demonstrated expertise in:
- the supervision, training, mentoring and performance management of staff; and experience managing and resolving a diverse range of HR issues
- to translate and implement strategic changes into local operational practices that enhance the work area’s administrative function
- managing budgets and controlling income and expenditure
- negotiation, conflict resolution, relationship building and influencing skills together with high level of tact, diplomacy and discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- ability to work in a complex and challenging environment.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth.
We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across 9 campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 47,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number to apply.
Closing date: 5pm 23 March 2017
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
If we think your skills are needed in other areas of the University, we will be sure to contact you about other opportunities.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.