Study Abroad Assistant
- Salary: Level 4 $62,110 - $66,113 p.a.
- Ongoing appointment
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to 'innovate and inspire' there is no better time to join Western Australia's top University.
The International Student Support is responsible for operationalising the University's strategic goals in Student Mobility. The International Student Support manages inbound and outbound Student Exchange and Study Abroad programs and short-term student mobility opportunities, through maintaining partnership agreements with partner universities and collaborating with faculties to promote opportunities for students to have an overseas study experience. Promoting scholarship opportunities to fund overseas experiences is an important aspect of encouraging UWA students to study overseas. ISS also manages inbound students, assisting with their transition to UWA and acting as a point of contact during their stay at UWA..
About the opportunity
As the appointee you will, under general direction, provide a range of administrative services to support the International Student Support Office's activities and to the Manager. This position is responsible for providing high level reception services during peak times, including greeting visitors, answering incoming calls, handling routine enquiries and redirecting more complex enquiries as appropriate.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Considerable relevant administrative experience at an appropriate level in a University or similar environment
- Proficiency in a range of computing skills including word processing, spreadsheets, databases and social media
- Well-developed organisational skills and demonstrated ability to set priorities and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work with an attention to detail and to attend to a range of tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description
You will demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of different cultures and ability to apply this knowledge to deliver excellent customer service to stakeholders
Closing date: Friday 24 March 2017
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Please see the position description prior to applying: 303092.pdf
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion of the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.