Veterinary Custodian (Surface and Hallway Maintenance)
Working Title Veterinary Custodian (Surface and Hallway Maintenance)
Classification Title Laboratory Support I Position Type State Classified Open Date 03/09/2017 Close Date 03/21/2017 Salary $2,249 monthly + FULL BENEFITS Full/Part Time Full-time State Classified Hourly No Overtime Eligible Position Location Fort Collins, CO 80523 Description of Work Unit
At the Colorado State University Veterinary Teaching Hospital (VTH), we exist to educate the next generation of veterinarians by providing exceptional veterinary care and service to the community…every day. This work unit exists to care for the basic needs of animal at the Veterinary Teaching Hospital, and to provide routine disinfection and service to all areas of the hospital, which serves as a teaching facility for veterinary students, as a medical facility for veterinary research, and as a public animal health clinic for exotic, large and small animals.
This position exists to perform annual in-depth cleaning for clinical space within the Veterinary Teaching Hospital and Animal Cancer Center. This will include the Critical Care Unit (CCU), holding wards, Intermediate Care (IC), exam rooms, surgical suites, treatment pits, and Urgent Care (UC).
One year of full-time custodial experience within a hospital, research lab, or veterinary hospital.
The highly desired candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, abilities, personal characteristics, and experience directly related and critical to this position:
- Demonstrated ability to contain/minimize contamination on hallway floors.
- Demonstrated time management and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with chemicals to clean/disinfect surfaces.
- Ability to operate and maintain automatic floor equipment.
Essential Job Duties
Job Duty Category In-Depth Cleaning of Surfaces Duty/Responsibility
- Apply disinfectant to every corner, nook and surface in cabinetry, counters, drawers, sinks, walls and other surfaces using pre-moistened disinfectant flat mops and rags.
- Scrub surfaces to remove blood, feces, hair, urine, etc.
- Clean the inside and outside of lights, window ledges and windows.
- Clean and disinfects laundry, recycle and trash cans.
- Stock custodial supplies such as hand sanitizer, Kleenex, paper towels, diluted NDC spray bottles, and soap.
Percentage Of Time 50 Job Duty Category Custodial Care of Floors Duty/Responsibility
- Sweep all floors before applying disinfectant by hand with a mop.
- Hand-scrub floors to remove dried on blood, feces, hair, mud, urine, vomit, etc.
- Machine scrub floors during in-depth cleaning procedures to remove build up that might have occurred over several months.
- Use automatic floor scrubber to top scrub before buffing, or strip waxed floors of old wax prior to new wax being put down.
- Use of floor buffer to maintain floor shine and strength.
Percentage Of Time 45 Job Duty Category Other Duty/Responsibility
- Perform other duties as indicated by need or as assigned.
Percentage Of Time 5 Application Details
Special Instructions to Applicants
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
- Clearly document job duties performed that relate to minimum qualifications, preferred qualifications, and essential job duties in the “Work Experience” section on the application. We must be able to evaluate your experience based on this information.
- Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application so that we can calculate full-time experience.
- The APPLICATION is the only document that will be utilized to determine if minimum qualifications, as outlined in the job posting, have been met. The Application is considered to be the legal document on file; resumes will not be reviewed for minimum qualification requirements.
- If an Application is considered “Incomplete”, the application will be removed from consideration for the position.
- An Application is incomplete if no current/ previous employment is included in the Work Experience section of the Application.
- An Application is incomplete if “see resume” (or something similar) is noted, or previous employment does not contain job duties for every position in the Work Experience section of the Application.
- When a resume is listed as a required document, it may be used in the comparative analysis/ evaluation process to determine the candidates that most closely meet the qualifications of the position. This process occurs after an application has passed the minimum qualifications screening. **Please see the “Required Documents” section of the posting.
- Resumes will not be accepted in place of a complete application; however, resumes may still be required as a component of complete application materials.
- The selection process for State Classified positions may include an exam(s), which often requires candidates to physically appear (at the CSU campus in Fort Collins, CO) at the candidates’ own expense.
- All status updates for this position will be sent via email from firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition to your Inbox, remember to check in your Junk and Deleted folders for these important communications.
- Pertinent updates to your application status can be obtained by logging into your application account at https://jobs.colostate.edu
DEPARTMENT CONTACT INFORMATION
- Please check the “Help” link online at https://jobs.colostate.edu/help/ for assistance on your application or for answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
- All other inquiries should be directed to the Colorado State University Human Resources Office at the main phone line: 970-491-MyHR (6947).
Conditions of Employment Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires), Essential Services Designation - Required to report without delay or interruption to provide essential or emergency services to ensure health, safety, and welfare., Special Requirements/Other - Must be available to work holidays at supervisor's discretion., Shift Work - Must be willing and able to work Monday-Friday 5:00pm - 1:00am EEO Statement
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
Employment and Appeal Rights
If you receive notice that you have been eliminated from consideration for the position, you may protest the action by filing an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the date you receive notice of the elimination. Also, if you wish to challenge the selection and comparative analysis process, you may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the receipt of notice or knowledge of the action you are challenging.
Refer to Chapters 4 and 8 of the State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director’s Administrative Procedures, 4 CCR 801, for more information about the appeals process. The State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director’s Administrative Procedures are available at www.colorado.gov/spb.
A standard appeal form is available at: www.colorado.gov/spb. If you appeal, your appeal must be submitted in writing on the official appeal form, signed by you or your representative, and received at the following address within 10 days of your receipt of notice or knowledge of the action: Colorado State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director, Attn: Appeals Processing, 1525 Sherman Street, 4th Floor, Denver, CO 80203. Fax: 303-866-5038. Phone: 303-866-3300. The ten-day deadline and these appeal procedures also apply to all charges of discrimination.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you willing and able to submit to a pre-employment background check that may include, but is not limited to, criminal history, national sex offender search and motor vehicle history as a condition of hire?
- * Are you willing and able to work holidays as assigned by supervisor?
- * Are you willing and able to work from 5:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.?
- * Are you willing and able to report to work without delay or interruption to provide essential or emergency services to ensure health, safety, and welfare of the campus community?
- * The Laboratory Support I (Veterinary Custodian Services) will utilize caustic chemicals in order to fully disinfect veterinary treatment areas. Please describe your experience using caustic chemicals. Include the chemicals you have used, your purpose for using the chemicals, and the personal safety protection that you used.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe the experience you have performing floor maintenance (i.e. resurfacing, buffing, and re-waxing etc.). Be sure to outline how long you have performed floor maintenance, the different floor products you have used (i.e. floor stripper, wax etc.), and how often you were required to complete floor maintenance (i.e. one a week, once a month, four times a year etc.).
(Open Ended Question)
Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Veteran DD214 Form (Member-4) (For State Classified searches ONLY)