Technical Development Manager
Technical Development Manager (Maternity Cover)
Job reference RU00636
Application closing date 04/04/2017
Job category/type Non-Academic/Support
Department: LTMS (Library, Technology and Media Services)
Part time, 28 hours per week, fixed term contract (Maternity Cover)
Main duties and responsibilities:
1. Work with both academic and professional services staff to create interactive and engaging digital content using rapid eLearning software, images, graphics, video, audio and other multimedia formats.
2. Work with both academic and professional services staff to repurpose existing materials using ePublishing software to provide users with content that can be accessed easily on mobile devices.
3. Work with academic staff to evaluate current Moodle sites and redesign them in line with best practice methodologies.
4. Will develop web-based courses and learning objects on a number of platforms including VLE’s such as Moodle and blogging/CMS websites such as Wordpress.
5. Will carry out methodical testing of newly created digital content and will include end users when appropriate.
6. Will effectively manage individual projects ensuring the delivery of digital content is on time and in budget and meets the quality standards initially agreed. This will include producing and maintaining detailed project documentation and keeping all key stakeholders up to date with project progress.
7. Will ensure members of staff are confident in editing any digital content which has been created, after the completion of a project so that it becomes a sustainable practice. This may include delivering training sessions and creating training guides.
8. Participate in activities to promote technology enhanced learning and evaluate its use.
9. Participating in eLearning Services activities, playing a full part in the department’s work
10. Undertaking any other appropriate duties in other sections of eLearning Services as required on occasions to ensure that the University’s core priority services are maintained at all time.
Interview date: Week commencing 10/04/2017