Associate Professor of Law (Constitutional, Criminal, Corporate, Commercial or International Law)
JOB ID: 170134
SALARY RANGE: $133,274 to $146,692 pa (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time (36.75 hours per week) and continuing
LOCATION: Melbourne Burwood Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
Deakin Law School has undertaken a substantial investment in enhancing capability by recruiting exceptional academic educated at universities including Harvard, Stanford, Oxford, UC Berkeley and Michigan. These scholars bring a wealth of real-world experience and an ambitious research agenda. We are seeking to build on that transformational process by recruiting academics with expertise in:
- International Law
- Commercial Law
- Corporate Law
- Criminal Law
- Constitutional Law.
This will include:
- Teaching assigned courses and make an outstanding contribution to teaching.
- Providing leadership which enhances the achievement of the Department’s strategic plan in research, teaching and external engagement.
- Undertaking and publishing high-quality research in journals of national and international reputation.
- Actively contributing to the development of the School’s research agenda, including a strong performance in Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA).
The successful candidate will be a well-rounded scholar with a research record and a demonstrated reputation as an educator. Applicants must demonstrate:
- PhD/terminal degree in law from a highly ranked university.
- Experience in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and supervision at honours and/or doctoral levels.
- A sustained research reputation in internationally recognised research and scholarly publications
- Evidence of success in obtaining competitive external research funding.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
Professor Sandeep Gopalan
Dean, Deakin Law School
Telephone +61 3 9251 7707
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 26 March 2017
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin’s workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.