Research Technician - Biology and Biological Engineering
The Hong lab in the Division of Biology and Biological Engineering at Caltech seeks a full-time research assistant in a neuroscience research laboratory. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to work on research projects focused on molecular genetics, synapse biology, and neural circuit function in Drosophila. The research combines techniques in molecular biology, genetics, imaging, and genome engineering in Drosophila.
We encourage applications from candidates who seek a fast-paced, dynamic work environment who are excited to learn the latest methods for studying neural circuit function.
- The successful applicant will work in close collaboration with the laboratory head.
- Must be able to learn new techniques rapidly.
- Work independently, and respond nimbly to changing demands in the work place.
- It is expected that the candidate will provide general laboratory support.
- In addition, pursuing her/his own independent project.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, math, or engineering.
- Strong molecular biology skills are required.
- We seek an individual with a strong interest in biology and neuroscience.
- Highly motivated to work independently on a challenging project.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate a strong record of productivity, as evidenced by high academic performance, publications, and/or references from past positions.
- Prior experience in fly genetics or instrumentation design/fabrication is highly desirable.
- A minimum of a two-year commitment is preferred.
Supervisory position? No
Posting Detail Information
Posting Open Date
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.