Program Manager - UNSW Startup China
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Diision of Enterprise has carriage of "Delivering from Research Excellence" and "Knowledge Exchange for Social Progress on Economic Prosperity" as part of UNSW's 2025 Strategy.
The programs, which will assist in delivering against these initiatives, are within five main thematic areas
- Attracting and Nurturing Skills
- Embedding and Empowering an Innovation Culture
- Creating and Growing Partnerships with Industry
- Building Infrastructure
- Forging long-term partnerships for Innovation
About the role
- $89K-$96K plus 9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed Term for 12 months
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
This position manages the UNSW Startup China program and other Student Entrepreneur Development programs and activities that link with China and help to connect the broader startup and entrepreneur related activity with the UNSW Torch Innovation Precinct initiative. The position also facilitates the development and promotion of student startup businesses, advocating and establishing the creation student led businesses. Day to day work will include coaching and connecting UNSW entrepreneurs and coordinating specific China related programs, and managing internal and external stakeholder relationships, within the context of the overall UNSW Startup program and the UNSW Torch Innovation Precinct.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Strong English and Chinese language skills.
- Startup incubation and support skills.
- Marketing and social media skills and knowledge for China and Australian markets
- (in Mandarin and English languages).
- Strong communication, networking and relationship management skills for Australia and China based contacts.
- Strong Project Management and Administration skills.
- Experience running a startup or small business.
- Experience in China working with businesses and startup companies.
- Experience working for an accelerator, incubator or similar organization providing support to startup companies.
- Experience with business program design and management.
- Experience working with Australian and international students.
- Marketing or Business related degree.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Joshua Flannery, Manager, Student Entrepreneur Development
Applications close: Tuesday, 4th April 2017