Dean - AgriSciences
Stellenbosch University is inclusive, innovative, and future focused: a place of discovery and excellence where both staff and students are thought leaders in advancing knowledge in the service of all stakeholders.
Stellenbosch University’s strategic positioning for the 21st century, as articulated in the Institutional Intent and Strategy (see: http://www.sun.ac.za/english/about-us/strategic-documents), is anchored in creating, promoting and sustaining an environment of inclusion, transformation, innovation, diversity, and maintaining excellence with a focus on the future.
The Faculty of AgriSciences requires innovative and creative leadership in its teaching programmes, research and social impact, and has committed itself to excellence and equity.
Visit the Faculty’s website at http://www.sun.ac.za/agric for further information.
- Responsible for the strategic management as well as guidance of the Faculty of AgriSciences in the areas of learning and teaching, research and social impact;
- The development of sustainable leadership and delegated management structures in the Faculty;
- Management of all matters related to students, staff, finance and other resources within the Faculty;
- Shared responsibility for the management of the University;
- Initiative for and commitment towards marketing, student recruitment and fundraising within the Faculty, including flagship projects;
- External liaison and the establishment and maintenance of multilevel partnerships with other academic institutions (nationally and internationally), the business sector, authorities, professional bodies, as well as other national and international role players in support of the strategic objectives of the Faculty;
- Promotion of diversity and transformation within the Faculty.
For a full job description, contact the Human Resources Division at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Appointable as professor in one of the departments within the Faculty of AgriSciences (criteria available at: http://www.sun.ac.za/english/faculty/agri/Pages/Staff.aspx);
- Demonstrated innovative and dynamic strategic leadership;
- Proven ability to promote excellence in academic quality and research significance;
- Recognised national and/or international networks whitin the agricultural environment;
- Proven management ability at faculty and institutional level;
- Proven financial and strategic management experience;
- Sound knowledge, insight and vision pertaining to the tertiary education sector;
- Sound interpersonal and liaison skills;
- Sound communication skills;
- Proven ability to promote diversity and transformation.
- The ability to function effectively in a multilingual and multicultural environment;
- Experience in promoting the importance of social impact of academic activities.
Term of appointment: Five years with the possibility of re-appointment for another term.
Commencement of duties: 1 September 2017 or as soon as possible thereafter
Closing date: 7 April 2017
Enquiries: Mr VL Mothobi Senior Director: Human Resources, on 021 808 4043, or at email@example.com
Complete applications, comprising the documentation as set out below, must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Documentation details (please ensure that your application includes all of the documents listed below): A concise statement in which the candidate outline his/her vision of the University’s and the Faculty’s future, as well as his/her contribution to such a future • a comprehensive curriculum vitae • information regarding present occupation, remuneration package and citizenship • names and contact details (including email address) of three referees • an indication of the earliest date for commencement of duties • certified copies of certificates.
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of staff, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.