Assistant Professor /Associate Professor /Professor in Computer Science
Assistant Professor /Associate Professor /Professor
Location - Doha,QA
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
Established in 1980, the College of Engineering offers degree programs in the fields of Architectural, Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial and Systems, Computer Science and Computer Engineering with the primary goal of preparing Qatari engineers with outstanding scientific and technical competencies to enable them to participate and contribute in the various aspects of the country.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering has a long tradition of commitment to excellence in teaching research and student services. The Department offers B.Sc. degree in computer science and in computer engineering. It also offers MS degree in computing, and Ph.D. degrees in computer science and computer engineering. Our graduates are very well placed at the national level and are highly recognized within the Computer Science and Engineering professional community. We have an exceptionally qualified Faculty that is committed to maintaining this tradition.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Department of Computer Science & Engineering is seeking candidates for a faculty position at the level of assistant or associate professor. Earned doctorate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a closely related field is required. While candidates in all areas of computer science and engineering will be considered, the following areas are of particular interest: cloud computing, privacy, cyber security, social networks, natural language processing, data mining, mobile systems and ICT governance, policies & regulations.
The positions are available beginning September 2016.
Application Deadline 1st April 2017
Position Category: Academic
Employment Type: Full-time
Preferred starting date: August 2017
Position Term: 3 years (renewable)
Candidates are expected to:
- Bring innovation to instruction,
- Develop a strong practical research program,
- Engage in outstanding scholarly activities leading to national, regional and international recognition.
Candidates must have doctorate degrees in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a closely related field, and must demonstrate:
- Interest in and promise of excellence in teaching a broad range of courses in Computer Science and Engineering curriculums.
- Good written and oral English skills
- Evidence of active research
- Evidence of service and scholarly activity.
1. University online application form
2. Current Curriculum Vitae.
3. Cover letter.
4. Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
5. Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
6. Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
7. Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
1. A three-year renewable contract.
2. Salary is commensurate with experience.
3. Tax-free salary.
4. Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
5. Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
6. Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
7. Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
8. Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
9. End-of-contract indemnity.