Lecturer of English
Lecturer of English
Location - Doha,QA
Foundation Program Department of English
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
As part of the on-going educational reform project and continuing program expansion, Qatar University is making a substantial investment in education by attracting diverse faculty, and enhancing teaching and research. The Mission of the University’s Foundation Program is to prepare high school graduates to meet Qatar University's common entrance requirements. Instructional technology , e-learning platforms and student support activities are all used to equip students with the necessary skills to pursue competitive college programs. With more than 6500 students, the Foundation Program offers a dynamic, innovative and professional work environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- prepare and deliver lectures/facilitate classes and collaborate with co-workers to develop the program content, program delivery, and teaching methodology;
- participate actively and contribute meaningfully to work group/committee/ project/task assignments;
- maintain professional growth through attendance at scheduled professional development sessions;
- contribute to student evaluation, counseling, and support operations
- contribute to testing, assessment design and administration
- contribute to curriculum development
- Any other responsibilities assigned by administration
- a Master's degree/PhD in TESOL, Applied Linguistics or ELT from a reputably accredited university/program
- at least three years' EAP/EFL/ESL teaching experience at university/tertiary level (overseas experience is desirable).
- experience in testing and assessment, instructional technology, and curriculum and materials development.
- experience in teaching university-level EAP/ EFL/ ESL academic writing / research skills is preferred.
- ability to adapt to and participate in different cultures and learning environments
- ability to contribute to an innovative and challenging academic instructional program is an asset
1. Current Curriculum Vitae.
2. Cover letter.
3. Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
4. Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
5. Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
1. A three-year renewable contract.
2. Salary is commensurate with experience.
3. Tax-free salary.
4. Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
5. Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
6. Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
7. Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
8. Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
9. End-of-contract indemnity.